Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

schott perfecto... what is the hype about?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:18 AM
stonewall308
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
There's a zillion threads on Fox Creek. Most everyone seems happy. The latest one has a guy who believes that the sleeves are too short for the size indicated. Read them for yourself.

Obviously, you're a different type of shopper/customer than I am. But if I were determined to spend $400+ on a new leather jacket, I'd do my homework, find out what makes the leading brands different, search forums for unsolicited reports/reviews from customers, read their websites and see how they support their products, etc.

Fox Creeks have different leather and have many features that don't come in a Schott. Very different jackets, IMO. Great value. But note that you have to deal with them online/by phone. So if you're hesitant to deal with Schott because of the expense of sending it back for service, you would have the same issue with Fox Creek.

You got a lemon of a Schott from a discount vendor, and you are holding that experience up as more significant than the 96 year history of the company and the tens of thousands of customers. It's natural to be frustrated by your experience, but you haven't even called them to see how they'd support their product. I *strongly* suggest doing that before returning yours.

If I bought a Harley and it came with a bad fuse, I wouldn't just post on a forum about it before going to the dealer and asking them to do something about it. I mean, the company's been in business for 107 years--they must be doing something right, even if a bad fuse slips out of the factory once in a while.
You are obviously in here looking for a confrontation. This is your third or fourth post on the topic, and at least the second time your tone was taken a turn toward insulting.

What difference is it to you if he returns the jacket? What difference to you is it if he didn't do 40 hours worth of research on the jacket before buying it?

The guy bought an expensive jacket and got shitty quality. Now he is returning it. Get over it.

Btw, I like your joke about union laborers caring about the product. It was a good laugh.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:38 PM
mikeingoshen
Tourer

so the saga continues, got the jacket back and what was originally a couple stitches lose now looks like someone took a machete to the sleeve to repair it. the jacket IMO is ruined i'll see nothing but that crooked butchered seam, structurally it's fine and you have to be looking to notice it but it's basically all i see.

i'm selling it on for a huge loss i'm sure just to move on with my life, i'll just wear a thick flannel when i ride i literally give up on trying to get a good leather jacket that fits halfway decent.

I know and i sound like a whiny bitch but i'm pissed and venting i'll get over it...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
nooster
Advanced

keep trying you'll find what you are looking for. It's kinda like your fantasy jacket. You bought one and it ruined the fantasy.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:00 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeingoshen
so the saga continues, got the jacket back and what was originally a couple stitches lose now looks like someone took a machete to the sleeve to repair it. the jacket IMO is ruined i'll see nothing but that crooked butchered seam, structurally it's fine and you have to be looking to notice it but it's basically all i see.
Bet you now know why Schott doesn't just pay "tailoring bills" and asks you to send the coat to them.

Last edited by KnightWRX; 12-23-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM
mikeingoshen
Tourer

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
Best you now know why Schott doesn't just pay "tailoring bills" and asks you to send the coat to them.
you sound like my wife... yeah i got it now, it would be nice if they could make a $500 jacket that would stay together for longer than a week though.

in all seriousness i really don't care i could've sent it back waited weeks to get the jacket back and something else would've fallen apart with the jacket it's obviously not made very well. maybe they made these things were better 25-30 years ago since everyone seems to say "i've had my schott for 25 years" or maybe they should fire the union they employ and hire some illegals and sell these things for $200.00...

Last edited by mikeingoshen; 12-23-2009 at 10:18 PM.