General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
TXHog69
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode a Suzuki Blvd the last couple years and I just ordered a new Harley Fat Bob through AAFES overseas car sales. I've always wanted a Harley but I've also seen plenty of douchebags who spend thousands of dollars on harley shirts and gear yet they won't ride when it rains. I don't think the brand matters as long as you like your bike and you ride every day.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm usually moving to fast to be looked down on

Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
digger825
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kered

also i keep seeing the "everyone else is just jealous" sentiment here...ive only met a few people that say oooo man i cant wait to get a harley...most of the guys i know/ride with legitimately dont like harley...and its a broad age range too...they would look over the bike but would never put the bike or a rider down...maybe the rider camaraderie is greater down here...seems to me if you on two wheels...well then youre alright by me
You are right, by no means do I think EVERYONE on sportbikes or any other bikes are jealous of HD riders.But there are many out there.

Last edited by digger825; 12-02-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Cockroach
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brubbrubbrubbrubbrubbrubbrubbrub

Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Have a good friend I've known for over 30 years. he was telling me how bad a decision I made buying a Harley. (he has a Honda 750 of some sort).... said he could ride all day while the harley guys were repairing their bikes.

He came to the lake one day and didn't bring his bike. well I let him ride my wifes 09 Heritage and I rode the KING! well after that, he said....now I KNOW why y'all like Harley's...the balance on this bike is great, much better in the wind and very comfortable ride.

so most of those talking crap have never even sat on a Hog, more less rode one...if they did, they wouldn't be riding their jap crap! (and my wife had a Yami before her Heritage....she says she'd never go back)

Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by t059736
We are the only people who pay ridiculous prices for cheap parts, overpriced labour and poor workmanship.
Yet we seem to take "pride" in being this way?
Maybe other people see us for what we are?
Pass me some of that weed.

Motorcycle parts are expensive. Not just Harley parts, ALL motorcycle parts. Labor rates for Harleys are the same as labor rates for other bikes.
Quality? Harley is as well built a bike as anything else out there (whic, admittedly, was not always true).

What we are? We're people who ride motorcycles. If they see anything else, they're thinking about it too much.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cockroach
brubbrubbrubbrubbrubbrubbrubbrub
SouthPark rules! lmao!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

Hang around here long enough and there's even the same thing between Harley riders. Sportster is a girl's bike, V-Rod isn't really a Harley, women belong on the back of a bike not riding it etc.... Enjoy your ride and forget what others might think.

I guess you're right, not many super studs on crotch rockets in black leather and in bad boy motorcycle clubs. The're the ones who should feel left out, right?

Lisa

Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Originally Posted by HarleyGirl76
women belong on the back of a bike not riding it etc....

I guess you're right, not many super studs on crotch rockets in black leather and in bad boy motorcycle clubs. The're the ones who should feel left out, right?

Lisa
Hey...I love my wife riding her bike...cause I don't have to listen to her backseat driving!!! she can cuss me all she wants from her scoot....I don't hear it!!!!! plus, the king looks sexy with the "no wives allowed seat" lmao!!!!

and ur right...u don't see real men riding them damn crotch rocket donor cycles!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Tinmanpope
Tourer

Its not your fault they can't afford a real bike. LOL!!! Out in Texas there is a difference from crotch rockets and Harleys. Here they zoom aroiund you with no notice and no respect for anyone, so Harley ridiers do not wave at them. I obey the law and think they should too.

Quick Reply: Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.