General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Nevar
Welcome to the brotherhood . Your gonna find more HD riders wave at you than Rice rocket riders.
My experience is the opposite. Most riders wave, any kind of bike. Most riders I encounter initiate the wave, any kind of bike. On the rare occasion when I have initiated a wave and not gotten one back, it's always been a Harley rider. Many more Harley riders seem to have the "I am too cool and too much a badass *biker* to be doing a girly wave."

Why Just because your a brother. We could care less what HD you ride, just as long as you ride your a brother.
Everyone on two wheels is a brother. We're all hanging it out there.

An old HD biker friend told me once.
" you can ride anything you like, but once you ride the Iron you will never go back"
He lied. The next bike I add to my garage will be a sport bike. (I'll keep the Harley too)

To that I add. Put 20 rice riders on a street. no one cares.
Put 10 Harleys on the same rode and they will look awe and understand what the sound of thunder is.
You don't watch South Park, do you?

Last edited by MidnitEvil; 12-02-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sound is not thunder. It is unmuffled internal combustion. They look in awe from shock that all the Harley riders are not deaf. To Minitevil: A sportbike and a Harley in the garage is the best combination! You'll be suprised how much use the sportbike gets!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
digger825
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arv
Being a newbie to Harley's I'm learning here.
So please tell me if I'm wrong but, i get the feeling that "super bike" riders seem to frown upon us, is this true??
My first reaction when I read this was " Who gives a F*** what anybone thinks of what I ride. "

I ride a Harley cause I never considered any other brand, cause it's what makes me happy that's gonna make me happy. So F all the jealous ones, 75% of them will prob be riding a HD one day the other 25% will prob be wishing they were.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:51 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
That sound is not thunder. It is unmuffled internal combustion. They look in awe from shock that all the Harley riders are not deaf. To Minitevil: A sportbike and a Harley in the garage is the best combination! You'll be suprised how much use the sportbike gets!
... and a dirt bike!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 AM
kered
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree...all three of the above would be ideal!

in my experience ive never found too much prejudice towards me because i ride a sportbike...at least not to my face...i get the occasional non waver but non of the blatant outright putting down my bike...doesnt really matter to me anyways im sure i put more miles on my sportbike a year that a lot of harley riders

also i keep seeing the "everyone else is just jealous" sentiment here...ive only met a few people that say oooo man i cant wait to get a harley...most of the guys i know/ride with legitimately dont like harley...and its a broad age range too...they would look over the bike but would never put the bike or a rider down...maybe the rider camaraderie is greater down here...seems to me if you on two wheels...well then youre alright by me

Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
If you bought a bike, to validate your existence, you're gonna hear crap. If you bought a bike to ride.... what does it matter?
That about sums it up. I have owned a lot of different bikes. Rockets included. I really could give a crap about what others think. Thing about life is that there is bad on every side be it bikes, race, religion....etc it's how "you" act that makes the difference.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only when acting or riding like an azxhole would

Old 12-02-2009, 08:34 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We are the only people who pay ridiculous prices for cheap parts, overpriced labour and poor workmanship.
Yet we seem to take "pride" in being this way?
Maybe other people see us for what we are?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Who cares...I hoped I'm frowned upon.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:09 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by t059736
We are the only people who pay ridiculous prices for cheap parts, overpriced labour and poor workmanship.
Yet we seem to take "pride" in being this way?
Maybe other people see us for what we are?
Guess you've never bought parts for a Moto Guzzi or a Gold Wing have you?

The only cheap part on a Guzzi is the starter. And that's only because you can use the starter from a pre-2000s Volkswagen Beetle.

Me, I've owned a Suzuki GS400, a Yamaha 650 Special, a Yamaha Seca 750, a Moto Guzzi Mille, and my current bike, an HD Road King Classic. I'm "brothers" with anyone that rides. I don't care if they're on an HD, a metric, a scooter, or a moped. We're all out there in the breeze. I was actually considering getting another Guzzi when I bought my HD. I don't regret getting the HD one bit, but I do think that I will get another Guzzi at some point in time. Guzzis are just plain a different animal to ride.

Last edited by ftanner; 12-02-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.