General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maimas
I dont look down on someone because of what they are riding, to each his own, but I do look down on HOW they are riding... I cant remember the last time I saw someone riding a Harley, doing wheel stands, with their legs splayed in the middle of traffic...
Yeah, and the guy on the sportbike with drag pipes revving at a stop lihgt. Ooops!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,672 Likes on 700 Posts

Ive owned all kinds of bikes over the years and I ended up with a Harley at age 49 and thats where Ill stay. I think most of the crotch rocket riders are young and still trying out different makes and models so just give them time. They act pretty surprised when I say "I used to have one of those"

Old 11-30-2009, 04:20 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex Rider
I was looked down upon long before I got a Harley,so I guess I am used to it and just didn't notice any difference.
me too, it started when I was a little boy....

Old 11-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Enve-me
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont take it personal. Most of the people on Jap. bikes are younger and programed to the new human ways. They probrobly don't even wave to there own neighbors while getting there mail? Just wave and be happy People ae getting more and more anti-social everyday in this country.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arv
Thank you!!

If you ever come to the UK, i would say Cornwall is a must to visit, appart from the traditional Pasties made there (that are to die for) the costline and beaches are very nice too.

Arv.
All my ancestors are from Cornwall. Germoe to be exact. I have a family tree that dates back to 1640s there.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:43 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I truely think there is a resentment from other bike owners because Harley Davidson is looked at as #1 and most think their bikes are number one.

I have heard the following from co-workers: why do you guys (Harley Davidson riders) make bikers look bad; My response "you don't need our help making you look like ****.
Another guy bought a Honda cruiser and his response to why he didn't buy HD was it was not the image he was going for. A third guy is convinced that all HDs do is leak oil and break down every other day, he likes to remind me that he can buy three Yamahas for the price of one Road King which leads me to think don't resent or envy what you cannot afford.

All in all its a match for my lifestyle. I would never ride a crotch rocket or BMW thats just me.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there is a negative view of Harley riders it's because of idiots like this!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:50 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
me too, it started when I was a little boy....
You guys are breakin' my heart.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeasousy and wanna be's that can't life the life or walk the walk are always gonna be there. Pay no attention and it hurt them worse that trying to argue with them. Makes you look bigger.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Wallaby
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes frowned upon, sometimes looked up to and admired, take the good with the bad.

But, being an ex-pat now residing in the USA for the last 9 years, H-D's are accepted WAY more than they were back in Australia where they carry a definite stigma, the Mother Country may be the same?

Quick Reply: Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.