General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you knock 'em on their pompous asses, they have to LOOK UP TO YOU!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
If you knock 'em on their pompous asses, they have to LOOK UP TO YOU!

Man after my own heart , it's that or I end pissing them off doing one of their girlfriends them boys get their linen all knotted up when the " old " biker does this

Old 10-01-2010, 11:28 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I have a theory, when guys are in their 20-30's they are 95% ego, 5% brains and common sense, they're more worried about how they look and what they ride/drive than what's comfortable and reliable.

Buy a Harley and get the right clothes on and your a bad assed biker, buy a Haybusa and a 2 piece set of racing leathers and you become a pro rider.
Also whatever anybody else rides that's different sucks, mainly because you ain't on it.

Somewhere along the road of life you realize the world doesn't revolve around you, and riding the Wing, Ultra, or even a BMW ain't the end of the world and damn if they don't maybe fit your riding style better.

Its when you get to the "lets all go for a ride with whatever your riding" that I think you've finally went from 95% ego to 5% ego and riding becomes much more fun.

I now look for what comes out of a riders mouth and his/her actions much more than what they ride, respect is earned, not given because of what you ride or who you ride with.

I think this whole line of thinking comes with age, I sure didn't think it at age 20...

Only my opinion, and you know what that's worth..

Al

Old 10-01-2010, 02:17 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your gonna get a one sided view here. Let me tell you the truth from a neutral perspective. HD riders give alot more grief to sportbike riders, or it seems because theres more HD's on the road. It's usually not from the decent folks that ride a harley, it's more from the hardcore HD posers that feel the need to voice their pointless opinion on someone else. There'd good people on all makes of motorcycles and it seems that every brand has that small percent of idiot riders that run their mouth. Unfortunatly that's all we hear from and then judgement is set upon the crowd from which the stupidity was spoken from.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:41 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Stereotypes stereotypes none of them are valid. They are a product of someones imagination and ignorance.

None of the posts on this thread are worth crap including this one.

No have a nice day and go out and ride. A nice fall ride might take your minds off worrying about what others are doing.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my Bike for me to enjoy, so I don't really care what someone else thinks.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default we care

Originally Posted by Finn111
I bought my Bike for me to enjoy, so I don't really care what someone else thinks.
This is what most here imply (not singling you out). But the truth is...we care. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many posts beginning with: "Hey, what do you think of my new XXX?" Followed by a lot of smoke being blown (usually). And all the chrome, custom wheels & painting, wide tires, doodad upgrades, apparel choices... would be unnecessary. Our need to personalize our rides goes beyond making it fit us.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
This is what most here imply (not singling you out). But the truth is...we care. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many posts beginning with: "Hey, what do you think of my new XXX?" Followed by a lot of smoke being blown (usually). And all the chrome, custom wheels & painting, wide tires, doodad upgrades, apparel choices... would be unnecessary. Our need to personalize our rides goes beyond making it fit us.

The man has a point ...

Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can not take the time to look at other reply's but I am sure the answer is:

Who Cares, what other riders think.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 PM
shiftharder
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to end this thread - who really cares what others think - I love my ride and I ain`t gonna change it no matter what is said about me or my scoot.

Quick Reply: Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.