General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 05:51 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by clicker01
I don't know about that Will, I don't think I'd wanna meet you in a dark alley...
Yeah, ya got to be carefull around me, or I'll ugly ya to death.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 PM
malla1962
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember a guy at work a lot of years ago when I had a 1981 FXS, screaming eagle carb and pipes, and a sifton cam. He used to take the p1ss out of the HP compared with his GSXR11OO, so I offered him a tow off he soon shut up
when I told him I would drag his bike all the way up the street.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

who cares what others think about a person because of what they ride, we all ride and we ride what we can afford, or what we are willing to afford..a bike is a bike and I wouldnt never think im better because of my ride. i left Highschool behind years ago.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:14 AM
twowheelstoo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel sorry for people who judge their own self worth on the cost, brand and type of bike they own.

I have not been riding that long but I have gotten to experience a lot of different bikes. Each has its place. I find it's usually the people who have limited exposure to different types of bikes who say only GSXers or Harley's or whatever are the pinnacle of motorcycling and overlook everything else.

Last edited by twowheelstoo; 01-01-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Nialfire
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Found on the road dead! I always thought that stuff was so childlike, on a quiet night you can hear a ford rust! What mature adult would ever engage in that kind of juvenile banter?

Sorry could not resist
ME ME ME, GM= guaranteed malfunction , Dodge= dear old dads garage experiment, Ford= F$%#ing old retarded dude's.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:53 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I make fun of sportbikers pretty much every time I see them -not just for the disposable bikes, but mainly because they are always acting pretty stupid when I see them. Here the sportbikers are mostly the same white kids you see down at the mall trying to dress up like black gangsters or the suburban high school jocks - I make fun of them on or off of their bikes.

So, in turn, I'd expect them to think no better of me, since I am, hopefully, as close to opposite of them as you can get.

Last edited by brenn; 09-22-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:36 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Nialfire
ME ME ME, GM= guaranteed malfunction , Dodge= dear old dads garage experiment, Ford= F$%#ing old retarded dude's.

..is it a requirement for newbies to dig up old threads????...what up wit dat???...

Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I make fun of sportbikers pretty much every time I see them -not just for the disposable bikes, but mainly because they are always acting pretty stupid when I see them. Here the sportbikers are mostly the same white kids you see down at the mall trying to dress up like black gangsters or the suburban high school jocks - I make fun of them on or off of their bikes.

So, in turn, I'd expect them to think no better of me, since I am, hopefully, as close to opposite of them as you can get.
I'm sure they do think no better of you. They probably think that HD riders are the same white, middle class, mostly fat, middle aged rednecks, riding loud *** bikes w/no power, trying to dress up like 1% gangsters. Doing stupid stuff like bar hopping on their bikes. And their bikes are non-disposable because their 2 year old bikes only have 500 to 1,000 miles on them, heck they should last forever at those mileage rates.

Last edited by mcrider1; 09-22-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In 44 years of riding, I've found there are always a number of riders that will bash other brands. I would like to think most of it is for fun.

I have not experienced the bashing of other brands as much as from Harley owner/riders. I'm not saying that to be mean. Only because I think it's in the nature of the Harley culture. It's true that a lot of Rider/owners sit back and laugh about what others do and say. That may says more about personalities than it does brands of motorcycles.

Everyone has their favorite brands and personal experiences. Their are always going to be a few that will defend their turf no matter what and others that are just spouting off for the sake of pulling your chain just to get a reaction.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nialfire
you dig up a year old thread just to post that?

Quick Reply: Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.