General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's the Ford vs Chevy thing on 2 wheels. Have you veer been unfortunate enough to witness one of those pointless discussions? OMG!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by exemexer
It's the Ford vs Chevy thing on 2 wheels. Have you veer been unfortunate enough to witness one of those pointless discussions? OMG!
I drive Fords lmao...... couldn't resist!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Ric27
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Arv
Being called a "Farmer boy" because i brought a so called "tractor" got me all defensive when they all started laughing together.

Call me sensative..
Farmer Boy! I love that. I like the agricultural aspect of my Sportster. I love the way it chuggs along under the cam only to soar like a dive bomber up on the cam.

All you can say to guys like that is, well I'll see ya around.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:21 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

I think alot of people look down on the Harleys running drag pipes.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been riding metric for a long time. Rode with a lot of HD riders...and I don't recall anything but a lot of good-natured back and forth ribbing (believe me....when you break down on a metric with HD riders around...as I have several times....I put a lot of miles on my bikes...you're gonna hear about it...but it's nothing nasty...in fact they usually want to help).

I have a 2010 super glide now.....but it's still just about the ride. And I'll testify, if it's got **** or two wheels, it's gonna give you trouble sooner or later.

I think with some of the 'super-bike' young'ns it's not about the bike you ride....the sport-bike people are friendly enough, but remember they're still young, and riding those rockets like they do, is often a macho thing. I didn't have much time for old coots either. Sooner or later (if they live long enough) they, and their women, won't be able to sit those bikes and actually walk after getting off (nothing better than looking at one of their little passengers with the butt-thong sticking between some perky cheeks!). Youth is for the young.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fix or repair daily

Originally Posted by keltonkrew
I drive Fords lmao...... couldn't resist!
Found on the road dead! I always thought that stuff was so childlike, on a quiet night you can hear a ford rust! What mature adult would ever engage in that kind of juvenile banter?

Sorry could not resist

Attached Thumbnails Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.-55-chevy-2-.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My late 70's and early 80's Kaw's were wicked fast and just plain scary! Had their quirks, those 4 carbs were hard to keep leveled out sometimes! Yamaha's were bullit proof and gas and go but they didn't shake at idle or ride like a double sprung caddy!

I like my old bagger and my Tri, got to much rabbit blood for the Kaw's and the old iron butt just ain't what it used to be..gotta have my creature comfort's now!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Some of the comments make think of those Calvin stickers p****** on something. Ride what you want to ride and don't worry what others think. There will be people that will not care whart you ride and there are others that will make a big deal out of it.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Moki Doug
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
That sound is not thunder. It is unmuffled internal combustion. They look in awe from shock that all the Harley riders are not deaf. To Minitevil: A sportbike and a Harley in the garage is the best combination! You'll be suprised how much use the sportbike gets!
I had that combo and recently sold the sport bike.
I dont miss it was a waist of power.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Not to worry. Over half of the riders with over 650 cc motors don't frown on HD riders because they are on a HD.

Quick Reply: Harley riders are they frowned upon by other bikers.