General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated Gear

Anybody use heated gear? I was looking at heated grips, and somebody suggested the grips don't seem to last long, and suggested I look at heated gloves instead ... any experiences???

Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
rattlebones
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a heated jacket made by Gerbing. It fits under my leather jacket. It really works great! Its just like an electric blanket that you wear while riding. I am thinking about buying the pants as well.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM
extsieg
Cruiser

I also have the heated Gerbing Jacket liner and G3 Gloves. They are warm warm warm. I only run then on setting 2 or so and that keeps me just right. You can cook your own butt in these things if you run them at "HI" I would also suggest getting the dual control if you plan on getting a similar set up. The one down side I have found and this just may be that the gloves are new and not broke in yet, but the gloves tend to bunch up a bit in the fingers and cut off the circulation so I have to take my hands off the bars from time to time and shake them out.Why they put so much padding in the palm is beyond me since it just bunches up anyway after all they are heated!!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Check out Warm and Safe great quaility stuff. Don't forget your 10% discount with coupon HF10 on checkout and all order over $100.00 ship free.

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/Warm-...d-Gear_c50.htm

Old 11-29-2009, 07:24 AM
07fxdb
Tourer

I have been riding with an electric vest for about 10 years. IMHO, this is the first and best accessory to buy. Vest keeps core temp up, allowing warm blood to circulate to fingers and toes.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
ConvertHead
5th Gear
Default Gerbings Microwire is it!

Just loaded up on Gerbings clothing this fall. Everything is the new microwire line. G3 gloves, jacket liner, extreme element pants, heated insoles and portable dual temp troller. I wear a t-shirt under the liner. Have a london fog lightweight leather jacket I wear over it. Gloves are fairly thick, but my old riding gloves were thicker. Pants are heavy, but they block the wind and work great. I wear them over my jeans or work pants. Everything heats up very quickly. 32F @ 70mph on the ride home last night and I was very comfortable. I would strongly suggest getting the temp controller instead of just the on/off switch. I have turned the temp up to max and about burnt up. Also, I am installing a permanent temp troller on my ultra. The portable controller is not real handy with the gloves on. It might be better if I made a temporary tank mount. ***** are too close. Hope this helps.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Been riding with the Gerbing heated gloves for years and they work great.

Having said that I just read about the Gerbing Battery Powered Core Heat S2 Gloves. Anyone have any experience with them? It would be nice to do away with the wires.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the H-D heated gloves with the rechargeable batteries. They are made by Gerbing. I still have a 10% discount at my H-D dealership so are about the same price as Gerbing. I purchased the ones with the rechargeable batteries, so that I wouldn't have to deal with the wiring harness, etc. I use them mainly for commuting to work (about 15 minutes) and they are great and portable. The tips of my fingers were the only things that got really cold, hence problem sovled.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just had a long customer service chat with Gerbing regarding the S2 and the Gerbing Hybrid gloves (12V) and the Hybrids sound like the better way to go. Can plug into the bike or for an extra $99.95 purchase 2 batteries (which fit into the gloves) and a charger.

The S2 battery gloves are only 7V so they won't get as warm as the Hybrids, but even more important are not designed for motorcycle riders since they are not wind resistant.

Problem I see with the Hybrids concerns the charge life; only about 1 hour on high, 2.5 hours on medium, and 4 or 5 hours on low.

Also the cost for the setup is not cheap; $199.95 for the gloves and $99.95 for the batteries and charger.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought some Gerbing gear. I haven't received it yet. If you order from Grandprixmotorsports.com and enter code: gerb1013 you will get 22% off and free shipping.

Quick Reply: Heated Gear