General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the tip. If you make it to NY I owe you a beer!

Originally Posted by B767
I just bought some Gerbing gear. I haven't received it yet. If you order from Grandprixmotorsports.com and enter code: gerb1013 you will get 22% off and free shipping.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM
gjantzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free Beer in Oregon Too

The tip to use Grand Prix Motorsports was great. Thanks so much. I had actually given up on getting Gerbing gear. Trying to get ahold of Gerbing sales reps is tough at best.....averaged about 12 phone calls before someone would even answer to take my order.........they are constantly out of the dual temp controls so i was just waiting on my whole order. The only drawback to Grand Prix Motorsports is that they do not have the new T5 gloves on their web site. Thanks for the tip anyways, just ordered the G3 gloves instead. Swinging through oregon let me know, I'll get you a beer for that tip!

Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Pussboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gjantzer
The tip to use Grand Prix Motorsports was great. Thanks so much. I had actually given up on getting Gerbing gear. Trying to get ahold of Gerbing sales reps is tough at best.....averaged about 12 phone calls before someone would even answer to take my order.........they are constantly out of the dual temp controls so i was just waiting on my whole order. The only drawback to Grand Prix Motorsports is that they do not have the new T5 gloves on their web site. Thanks for the tip anyways, just ordered the G3 gloves instead. Swinging through oregon let me know, I'll get you a beer for that tip!
They do have the T5's. I found them under the other gerbings catalogs. Those prices seem really good. I'm going to talk to Santa!
http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/...ated_glove.htm

Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sanlyn
Anybody use heated gear? I was looking at heated grips, and somebody suggested the grips don't seem to last long, and suggested I look at heated gloves instead ... any experiences???
I have a GEARS heated vest, and gloves. Heated gear allows me to ride well into late November, and also allows me to get out early in the spring (March) as well. I'll ride as long as it's above freezing, and there is no road salt. Heated gear, when also used with a full face helmet is just the ***** for adding enjoyment even when it's 40F !!! My GEARS clothing plugs right into my 12V battery charging jack (it also fit's my Battery Tender). Heated gear is pricey, but once you have it you will never "not" ride in the cold again ! GEARS clothing is availabe at any Harley dealer through Drag Specialties :

http://www.gearscanada.com/index.html

Last edited by Road_Clam; 12-05-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Heated grips are nice when you don't have all your plug-in stuff with you and your hands get chilly after the sun goes down.

Heated gear is for riding when it gets seriously cold. I've ridden down in the mid-20s, and I'll probably go colder this year.

I've got the full Gerbings Extreme Element textile suit, a jacket liner, and G3 gloves.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 AM
deluxeroad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I just bought some Gerbing gear. I haven't received it yet. If you order from Grandprixmotorsports.com and enter code: gerb1013 you will get 22% off and free shipping.

B767,

Great tip and thanks. Checked out site and saved more than $20 on heated glove liners. I appreciate the tip and owe you a cold one!

Road_Clam,

I would go with the heated gloves, the new version of Gerbing with the microwires. We have had great luck with Gerbing products over the years. FYI, the Harley heated gear is made by Gerbing so check both places for the best deal, but as, B767 has pointed out, the link to Grandprixmotorsports seems to be the best prices, at least for Gerbing gear.

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
jpscscs
Novice

Does anyone know how long the coupon code will work with grandprixmotorsports.com? Looking at buying a few pieces of Gerbing gear and will not have the $$ till after X mas...

Old 12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
ConvertHead
5th Gear
Default Gerbings Microwire

Just some info; most places are selling the older line of Gerbings, not the new microwire. If it doesn't say microwire on their spec page, it probably isn't. I spent about 2 months researching before I purchased most of my items from Gerbings. I did purchase the permanent dual controller from motorsports with a discount. I think the new microwire is the way to go.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
CaptainCHet
Cruiser

Thank you very much for this tip, I just ordered a pair of G3's!! Best deal on the net!! Again, thanks!!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Mine only has 6 gears... didn't know it has a heater gear..........

Quick Reply: Heated Gear