General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson Owner's Ring

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 03:29 PM
noridinsavage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said hoethree, i soooo agree with your outlook

Old 12-15-2010, 03:36 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
I remember when these first became available. At the time I guess I was in the mode of buying whatever I could lay my hands on that featured the Harley logo. I thought they were to cool for school and looked at buying one several times but never did. Personally I like rings. I have quite a collection and wear different ones at different times. I have worn my college ring since 1971 and its a big sucker on my right hand. I now wear a divorce ring on my left hand, a skull, and it gets noticed quite a bit. I like jewelry and dont think its gay for a man but I do draw the line somewhere short of Mr. T. To me its always been a matter of personal taste and simple economics.
I have noticed a lot of people on this forum like to criticize others here for whatever they like or dont like. I just dont get why some here have to make a big production of it and be so much of an ******* as to what they think everyone ought to like or dislike. I probably have enough Harley T-shirts to open a store, I have several Harley leather jackets, some for wear, some for show. When I am not at the office wearing the mandatory "business casual" I am probably wearing something that says Harley on it. Does that make me gay or a loser? I really dont give a fu#k what people think of what I wear or why I wear it, its my personal decision. Whats with all the animosity? And, yes, when I ride I most likely have on a Harley T-shirt with or without a Harley denim cut, sometimes with chaps on sometimes not, always wearing fingerless gloves, heavy leather boots, jeans, a Harley belt complete with chain-drive wallet. I am a law-abiding "citizen" with a good job that makes me a good buck. I own my home, my cars, and my bikes. I have worn a Rolex for the last 23 years. Some would call me a RUB, some would call me a Poser, some would call me a dick. Both my ex-wives would call me a lot worse. Do I give a real ****? Hell no! I ride whenever I can as much as I can. I am not afraid to wrench on my bikes but prefer having experts/professionals do it when its beyond my capabilities. I guess I am tolerant of just about anybody who rides whatever they want to ride and wears whatever they want to wear. Is that to much to expect? Whats up with all the finger pointing, name calling, bullshit hiding behind a monitor and keyboard on this forum? I guess I am done now......just saying.
You are so right, that's how it should be. When I went to Sturgis the first time I wore a HD t-shirt to a bar and thought I may get my *** kicked. Nobody cared, so now I don't either.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...... We are all the same once that throttle twists.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:50 PM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GEE another thing for RUBS to buy so they can pretend to be a real biker. I guess $25,000 dollars worth of clothes is not enough to buy a life style they are too scare to earn?

Old 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

"I love decoder rings"

Old 12-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I was rich enough to be confused for a RUB.
Blue collar worker at the same company for 31 years now.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Hamburglar
Tourer

so much for getting a bike for the ride

Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
AZFXDB
Banned

Originally Posted by hoethree
I remember when these first became available. At the time I guess I was in the mode of buying whatever I could lay my hands on that featured the Harley logo. I thought they were to cool for school and looked at buying one several times but never did. Personally I like rings. I have quite a collection and wear different ones at different times. I have worn my college ring since 1971 and its a big sucker on my right hand. I now wear a divorce ring on my left hand, a skull, and it gets noticed quite a bit. I like jewelry and dont think its gay for a man but I do draw the line somewhere short of Mr. T. To me its always been a matter of personal taste and simple economics.
I have noticed a lot of people on this forum like to criticize others here for whatever they like or dont like. I just dont get why some here have to make a big production of it and be so much of an ******* as to what they think everyone ought to like or dislike. I probably have enough Harley T-shirts to open a store, I have several Harley leather jackets, some for wear, some for show. When I am not at the office wearing the mandatory "business casual" I am probably wearing something that says Harley on it. Does that make me gay or a loser? I really dont give a fu#k what people think of what I wear or why I wear it, its my personal decision. Whats with all the animosity? And, yes, when I ride I most likely have on a Harley T-shirt with or without a Harley denim cut, sometimes with chaps on sometimes not, always wearing fingerless gloves, heavy leather boots, jeans, a Harley belt complete with chain-drive wallet. I am a law-abiding "citizen" with a good job that makes me a good buck. I own my home, my cars, and my bikes. I have worn a Rolex for the last 23 years. Some would call me a RUB, some would call me a Poser, some would call me a dick. Both my ex-wives would call me a lot worse. Do I give a real ****? Hell no! I ride whenever I can as much as I can. I am not afraid to wrench on my bikes but prefer having experts/professionals do it when its beyond my capabilities. I guess I am tolerant of just about anybody who rides whatever they want to ride and wears whatever they want to wear. Is that to much to expect? Whats up with all the finger pointing, name calling, bullshit hiding behind a monitor and keyboard on this forum? I guess I am done now......just saying.
so who's cryin here?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
AZFXDB
Banned

Originally Posted by Kowan
Don't sweat it. You don't really value that person's opinion anyway do you?

I've used this line before when someone thought I wanted their unsolicited opinion. "You must have me confused with someone who values your opinion".
considering that this is an open forum, you dont need to solicit for opinions to get them

Old 12-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very true, AZFXDB.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:33 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it is official two members have their feeling hurt.

One had to post the ring in the box....because as you all know this thread is worthless without pics and no pics no proof. Yeah, I am keeping count...I can not help it...it is too funny.

Along with Stevie...hoethree has joined the ranks of "My feelings are hurt because you're making fun of my frivolous expensive Harley Davidson trinkets".......it is true misery loves company.....don't hate me because I'm rich, hate me because I'm thin skinned....

Hoethree, a Rolex.......you of all people should understand that when you pay such a price for a ring, just like a watch. You should at the very least, get a highend container, certificate, wax seal, and serial number. Not a cardboard box with some arts and crafts velvet paper that does nothing to present the ring to the buyer or the viewer. At least that is what I saw in the pic posted, I saw it and said to myself that guy paid how much? Wow really fell short on the details for that "highend" ring.

But then again we are talking about Jostens....effing Jostens, do they have the matching letterman jacket too?

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson Owner's Ring