Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny Story About----- ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:57 AM
needaz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funny Story About----- ME!!!

This past Sunday I made I made the one mistake I will never live down..... I ran out of gas with the wife on the bike and I was taking her to work.

After it stalled:
Wife : "Honey, are you out of gas?"
Me: "No, I just flooded it."
Wife: "Ok."

So I ran back to the condo (about 1/2 mile) got the truck and drove back to the bike. She took the truck on to work. I then got back on the bike. It started fine and idled fine. I then rode about 1/4 mile and it dies again. Now I am wondering what is wrong. I still have not admitted to myself I am out of gas. All of a sudden a white Chevy truck (With a Harley Sticker) stops to see if I am ok.

Guy: "Are you ok man?"
Me: "Yes, I either flooded it or ran out of gas."
Guy: "There is a gas station about a mile back."
Me: "I know, I gotta push the bike there."
Guy: "Is the reserve tank empty?"
Me: "Reserve? I forgot about that."

The guy reached to the switch and turned it. He then told me to start it. Guess what... IT STARTED!!!!

Guy: "Now ride to a gas station."
Me: "Thanks, Are you going to tell your buddies about this?"
Guy: "Hell Yes!"

He got in his truck and drove off. I wiould tell my buddies too!!!!!!

Anyway.. ave fun and laugh away!!!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 AM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Funny Story About----- ME!!!

O.K. If you insist . . . hee hee hee hee hee. That felt good.

Just count your blessings the bike wasn't fuel injection. With a FI, when you're out of gas, you're out of gas -- and don't ask!

Old 07-13-2006, 01:21 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA-HA!!!! we all make dumb mistakes!

Old 07-13-2006, 01:21 AM
IAHOG
Tourer

The bike I had before the Heritage, Just got heading home from the stealers, it starts sputtering and dies. No problem I'll just turn on reserve. Well someone at the shop already had it on reserve. I'm about 3 miles from gas, so I start hoofin. I walk about 1/4 mile , two dudes pull up. Said they saw the bike and they were bikers too! Anyway they hall me into town go to their house get a can than to the station and back to the bike! I felt stupid even though I guess it wasn't all my fault. I handed them $10 told them to buy a few beers on me! Which they tried to refuse a couple times. They saved my butt , I was about 70 miles from home! Than before I got home it rained on me real good! [8D]

Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Ok You asked for it. LOL Ha Ha Ha!!! But between us, I'm sure we are not alone.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:24 AM
raftgyde
Road Master

ORIGINAL: dadofsix

O.K. If you insist . . . hee hee hee hee hee. That felt good.

Just count your blessings the bike wasn't fuel injection. With a FI, when you're out of gas, you're out of gas -- and don't ask!
Tell us! Inquiring minds want to know! How do you know?

Old 07-13-2006, 01:56 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior

Hee, hee, been there done that...last bike, well almost. Used to turn my fuel petcock off every time I stopped the bike when it was new. Well I forgot to turn it back on once and made it about a mile before the bike shuddered and died. Another biker stopped to help, I just thought my battery had died, which it eventually did after many attempts at a restart. Felt like a jacka$$ when I finally remembered that my fuel was shut off.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: WoodyHD

Hee, hee, been there done that...last bike, well almost. Used to turn my fuel petcock off every time I stopped the bike when it was new. Well I forgot to turn it back on once and made it about a mile before the bike shuddered and died. Another biker stopped to help, I just thought my battery had died, which it eventually did after many attempts at a restart. Felt like a jacka$$ when I finally remembered that my fuel was shut off.

Been there done that....on my first proud, gonna take t bike out on my own run...died one the busy street in town. Got outta traffic-->felt really stupid. Had to pop start once i figured out the prob

Old 07-13-2006, 02:55 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Years ago, a friend of mine ordered a bike. About 5 of us got together and rode to the dealer to pick it up with him. He rode passenger with one of the guys. We got there just as the dealer was closing. The tank was full (we checked) so we headed out. It was hot and looking like rain. About two miles down the road, the bike died. Everyone pulled over. The first thing we did was start razzing him about the petcock, but it was on. So we looked in the tank and it had gas. It started raining. This happened about every 10 or 15 miles for the 100 miles it took to get home. It got old real fast. The next day, we put the bike in a truck and headed to the dealer. It had a non-vented gascap and kept vapor locking. Everytime we took the cap off, it would unlock. If we had just left the cap off or loose, we could have rode home fine. The dealer swapped the cap and everything was cool after that.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:08 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: WoodyHD

I have seen a t-shirt at a rally that said, "Turn The Gas on Dummy" thought it was kinda funny when you told your story!

Quick Reply: Funny Story About----- ME!!!