General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida Woman Gets 18.5 Years for Killing Motorcyclists in Car Crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Faast Ed, just think about the poor little boy in the Bronx who was neglected by his mother who pretty much left him alone to be raised by his gang banging cousin, he shot a young girl dead yesterday. I am sure you will say it is societies fault and he never had a chance, meanwhile that little girl is dead. Lucky for him this happened in NYC and he will probably get a few years in Juvi, yet that little 12 year girl will still be dead, yeah she as from the same neighborhood as the boy and probably had a similar life waiting her but we will never know how she would have turned out because that kid killed her.

You can moralise all you want, but the fact is these two guys are dead because this woman who neglected her own kids safety, her own safety, her brothers safety, ultimately killed them by driving recklessly, she wasnt a simple speeder, she was passing people on the frikken shoulder at speed, which happens to be where these two guys were stopped legally.The shoulder is not a little narrow shoulder it is quite large and the highway is quite straight in general here in Fla. She had to be really excited about her new house and it had to be a real bad case of PMS to force her tokill two guys reuniting after all these years. 18 may be hard but dead is forever.
Why in the *** would you say something like that???? How would you even imagine something like that after reading my post????

How dare you!

I ain't rationalizing anything. YOU are wanting to kill a housewife because you think it will bring a biker back to life??????

I absolutely hate it when people put words in my mouth and act like I said them. What kind of chit is that?????

You accuse me of excusing the behavior of the people that I was complaining about. They get the light sentences while the housewives get crucified. They run around destroying our world, yet we put the non criminals in jail.

which happens to be where these two guys were stopped legally.
Was it legally? They were taking a break, they were NOT broke down.
That's an emergency lane.

18 may be hard but dead is forever.
18 is forever. She'll probably be a killer when (if) she gets out.

Last edited by Faast Ed; 11-27-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:00 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Being a biker myself, I should have the same bias towards hanging her.

However, I try to see both sides when I can.

The highways are lined with exits and rest areas. The article says that they were "taking a break". Why not pull into a rest area or exit the highway?
Not very relevant here, but it still counts.

Whether LEO bias was involved or not, we still have gang bangers swarming our cities slitting peoples throats for their wallet. Meanwhile a housewife gets sentenced to 18 1/2 years simply for being a dingbat. It just don't sound right.

Something like 5 - 6 years is a huge sentence and they could even add a year for neglecting her own children. Take her parental rights away for sure.

I don't think one person on this entire thread has any clue just how severe 18 years in prison actually is. That is just ridiculous. Prison is meant as punishment as well as a deterrent to others. A "nickle" would have more than covered that, and had she had money, that's all she would have served.

Had it happened with one of your wives, your sister or your mom, would you have felt the same? Be honest. Try to envision this. PMS mixed with excitement about getting to her new home, her new life. Dingbat behavior, but not drunken or criminal.

18 1/2 yeeeeeears in a cage with gang bangers and the total slime of the earth criminals. A friggin' housewife.

This ain't Iraq.

Concerning the gang bangers and such, when we catch them and get a good case against them, they're punished. We can't catch them all, and our system is designed such that we would rather release people that we cannot convict rather than put innocent people in prison. Personally, I think for the most part it works.

As it relates to this young lady, this was no accident. This was activity that a reasonable person should have known was likely to cause bodily harm to herself or other individuals. It was as much of an accident as playing with a loaded gun and claiming "oops" when it discharges and hits someone in the head. She was driving on the shoulder at excessive speed, and, even if the bikers were wrong to be there, that's a traffic offense. Further, given that her exposure was 30 years, she got some benefit of the doubt in only being sentenced to 18.5. Overall, sounds like a fair sentence to me.

Finally, if one of my relatives is reckless and stupid enough to drive like fools on a shoulder and kill someone, they can get what's coming to them. I'll do everything I can to help, but at the end of the day, they were entirely wrong.

Bill

Old 11-27-2009, 08:29 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think if someone takes another persons life for actions such as this woman did she should be held responsible for it. I think if it was your family that was taken away you wouldn't think that 18 years is long enough. I have cut people out of cars due to another person actions. I guess that makes me look at things differently.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Finally, if one of my relatives is reckless and stupid enough to drive like fools on a shoulder and kill someone, they can get what's coming to them. I'll do everything I can to help, but at the end of the day, they were entirely wrong.

Bill
Of course she was wrong, I never thought anything different.

I just felt the sentence she had received was excessive. 5 or 6 years would have been plenty painful enough (and less burden on the taxpayers).

There is a big difference between reckless behavior and criminal intent.
Too many "criminal intent" type folks running our neighborhoods (and not in prison).

I sure wish my posts would quit being taken out of context. So many people seem to read what they want to hear, as opposed to what was actually written. Strange phenomenon. LOL

Old 11-28-2009, 04:31 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also don't think Faast Ed's family would be happy seeing him get 18 1/2 years for a traffic fukkup. 5 or 6 years would be ample time to suffer and evaluate the horror of it all.

Now if someone broke into Faast Ed's home and murdered him intentionally, different story.

So easy to lay it on others, but if it were your sister or mother driving that car,.... You'd want her to come home eventually.
18 1/2 years is equivalent to killing her (with intent this time).
That's insane.
Only killing her for 18 1/2 years... then she is alive again... the two people she ran over... not so much... they are gone forever...

You don't get it, do you. She had total disregard for everyone around her, she was only interested in what she wanted. Her intent was to get where she was going no matter the cost to others.

Again it was not a traffic f/up as you stated...

Charlie D.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 AM
tjvrodrick
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's all play nice LOL
Maybe the judge Rides a bike

Last edited by tjvrodrick; 11-28-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dbleagle
Only killing her for 18 1/2 years... then she is alive again... the two people she ran over... not so much... they are gone forever...

You don't get it, do you. She had total disregard for everyone around her, she was only interested in what she wanted. Her intent was to get where she was going no matter the cost to others.

Charlie D.
Hell, that sounds like half of the fringe right on here. I ME MINE I ME MINE I ME MINE

Old 11-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by stevengb
Hell, that sounds like half of the fringe right on here. I ME MINE I ME MINE I ME MINE

AMEN! "It ain't my sister/neighbor/mother so let her rot!" LOL

Charlie D.
No Sir, YOU are the one that don't "get it".

Only killing her for 18 1/2 years... then she is alive again...
No,..... not really. No longer anything to come home to. Life is ruined, she is ruined.

Her intent was to get where she was going no matter the cost to others.
No way she was thinking that there could possibly be more consequence than a traffic ticket. No one would even fathom anything more than a ticket.
How can she possibly have even imagined that someone would be "taking a break" inches away from highway speed Semi trucks?????

YOU sir, don't get it. She was reckless driving. She was not planning a criminal offense. She was not a criminal.

Many on this board have done offenses as serious as hers, yet no pedestrians got in the way, so they get to live life outside of prison and keep posting about putting others in prison.
Bunch of crap I tell ya! Bwahaha!

Last edited by Faast Ed; 11-28-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:49 AM
garyl
Cruiser

Very sad situation.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:18 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

No Sir, YOU are the one that don't "get it".

No,..... not really. No longer anything to come home to. Life is ruined, she is ruined.

No way she was thinking that there could possibly be more consequence than a traffic ticket. No one would even fathom anything more than a ticket.
How can she possibly have even imagined that someone would be "taking a break" inches away from highway speed Semi trucks?????

YOU sir, don't get it. She was reckless driving. She was not planning a criminal offense. She was not a criminal.

Many on this board have done offenses as serious as hers, yet no pedestrians got in the way, so they get to live life outside of prison and keep posting about putting others in prison.
Bunch of crap I tell ya! Bwahaha!

The lives of the folks killed is ruined as well. Their families lives will never be the same either. And, she may not have been thinking, she may not have had criminal intent, but intent is not a factor in this offense. She should have been thinking "Gee, I wonder if driving on the shoulder of the road at 20 MPH over the posted limits for the roadway might be dangerous?" She wasn't, hence wreckless endangerment.

She wasn't thinking and two guys are dead now because of it. The only thing wrong with her sentence is that there has not been enough publicity. There should be nationwide PSAs staring this lady and other idiots like her to show folks what can happen when you are stupid and wreckless. It should be required viewing at every driver's education class to get the message out that if you drive like you don't care about other's lives and kill someone, your life will be forever changed. You can go to prison for a long time, and you will have yourself to blame for it.

Bill

Quick Reply: Florida Woman Gets 18.5 Years for Killing Motorcyclists in Car Crash