General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lone Star Rally

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:25 AM
bdgreen
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lone Star Rally

I just made room reservations for Lone Star Rally in Galveston and was wondering if anyone here has been. Kinda wanted to know what to expect. Can't believe I'm actually giving up opening weekend of deer season.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lone Star Rally

A lot of bikes, thousands of people, good time. Many don't even go into the event itself, staying on the Strand for their fun.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
afosterus
Intermediate

We have been going ever since it was moved to Galveston. LUV It!!!!!! We are only 50 miles from Galveston so the first year we thought we could just ride down for the day and come back that night. Had way too much fun and ended up sleeping on bikes in a parking lot. Staying in a hotel is alright, that was our second year. Last year we stayed at the Blimp Base and the party was on. They say they are expanding the rally this year from just the Strand District to include the Seawall. It's getting bigger every year. Believe me, there is so much to see and do that you won't be able to do it all.

You have to pay $5.00 to ride down the Strand now, but that is for the whole weekend. No burn outs. They will pull you off the Strand and take you to jail. Other than that, the law enforcement is pretty laid back. The law enforecement has said in the past that they would rather have the rally over Madi Gra. They say the rally is better behaved, less folks get arrested, and way less trash on the streets.

The Blimp Base is always still going after the Strand shuts down for the night. They have a band and of course the normal nightly contests. They have vendors, hot shower, food, etc. You will have a really good time what ever you decide to do at the Rally. Besides, it just gives all the hunters with buck fever a weekend to get over shooting at anything that moves and another week for the deer to get bigger and settle down.

We would not miss it for the world!

Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

This is the first year that the Rally has been held in November. It should be much more enjoyable weather than during the heat of the summer.

The Rally has grown so big that it has expanded beyond the Strand (historic district) and is going to be centered on the Seawall. About 5 blocks are going to be closed off to through traffic.

It is a big event. Bunches of people, and Saturday night is pretty wild.

If you aren't from here, you may want to avoid getting gouged on hotel prices by staying on the mainland and riding onto Galveston for the festivities.

A nice ride during the evening is taking 3003 south along the coast for about 35 miles.

Enjoy!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 03:56 PM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member

Fun Fun Rally!!!!~~~>Will be there again this year!! [sm=coolness.gif]

Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 PM
bdgreen
Banned

Will you be bringing the two young ladies in the picture? Would love to meet them.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:45 PM
hawker
Advanced

Another option for overnight stay is the Galveston State Park, only a few miles from the action, make your reservations early. Looks like there will be a pre-rally north of Houston in the Woodlands on September 30th, bands, bikes ect!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 PM
bdgreen
Banned

We bought a 2 night stay at Seascape at a charity benefit so the overnight thing is a done deal. Wasn't sure as to the kind of crowd. We went to the Thunder On The Bayou Rally in Anahuac and I wasn't real comfortable with the people there. From what ya'll are telling me and what I've heard from others, it's supposed to be at least semi-safe.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

absolutely the BEST rally in Texas...we have been for several years...it doubles each year....if youre into party rallies it is a must

Old 07-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: bdgreen

We bought a 2 night stay at Seascape at a charity benefit so the overnight thing is a done deal. Wasn't sure as to the kind of crowd. We went to the Thunder On The Bayou Rally in Anahuac and I wasn't real comfortable with the people there. From what ya'll are telling me and what I've heard from others, it's supposed to be at least semi-safe.

you'll be fine...we stay down the island at the Galvestonian...most excellent [8D]

Quick Reply: Lone Star Rally