General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helping out a biker

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stop for all bikes whether i am on my bike or in my cage......just the way i am.......and one night about a year ago....i ran out of gas and i was about 1/2 mile from the house...and i had a buddy at the house the guy asked if he could help and i asked if he would just run by my house and ask my buddy to bring gas and he did and that was cool.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:30 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always stop or get slow down and get a thumbs up. Heck I even stopped for a cage yesterday on my way home.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
TheBagger
Road Master

I carry a bag of tools, a cell and I always stop for broken bikes.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I was somewhere in NC Last April - saw a young girl hit the left guard rail right in front of us.. I was far enough back and was NOT involved... I stopped and gave aid to the gal... Not hurt just shook up... Lane was not blocked so we just waited for the PD (she fell asleep) ANYWAY every biker that came by in that 20 min or so (and there were several) slowed to check on US - Very impressed with the Bikers in NC. Funny to see the bikers seemed to be interested/concerned about us and not the car..

I always stop if it is safe..

Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
sengle4
Cruiser

A few years back, I was out riding in the middle of nowhere and saw a young guy standing by the side of the road next to a sport bike. He was a new rider and miscalculated how much fuel he had and ran out. I managed to get some gas out of my carbed RK, found a beer can to transfer it in and got him on into town. People have help me or offered help to me over the years and I was glad to, "pass it on".

Old 11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
palatium
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default put your lid on the ground ,

and you will get alot more ppl stopping , at least in georgia thats our way of saying we need help.
I stop either way !!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Hx3
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just last weekend came upon a fellow biker broke down in a traffic lane. Whipped out my tools, got his battery cable tightened down, made sure that was the problem (it was) and went on my way. I will always try to help a fellow rider.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably get flamed for this, but. About 10 years ago while I was on my way to Daytona bike week I stopped at a cracker barrrel in Texas for breakfast. I had my rigid mounted softtail in the back of my pickup. Four bikers setting inside having breakfast and I said "good morning". Not a one of them spoke, only all four looked at me and gave me a dirty look. I left before they did but about 20 minutes later they all passed me swerving dangerously in front of me. A few hours later I passed them in La. They were on the side of the road and 1 was pushing his bike. I didn't stop under the circumstances. Normally I would have.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I've stopped many times, If there 2 or more usually they don't need any more help.
But I still do anyway..
Had one this summer (rough looking dude on a nasty looking old hardtail), actually got rude with us for stopping, told the wife and I in a very unfriendly manner He didn't need any thing as gas was pouring out his carb. let alone a thanks for stopping.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sancho
Probably get flamed for this, but. About 10 years ago while I was on my way to Daytona bike week I stopped at a cracker barrrel in Texas for breakfast. I had my rigid mounted softtail in the back of my pickup. Four bikers setting inside having breakfast and I said "good morning". Not a one of them spoke, only all four looked at me and gave me a dirty look. I left before they did but about 20 minutes later they all passed me swerving dangerously in front of me. A few hours later I passed them in La. They were on the side of the road and 1 was pushing his bike. I didn't stop under the circumstances. Normally I would have.
I would have did the same thing. You did right!

Quick Reply: Helping out a biker