General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Out This Wicked New Jacket From Fox Creek!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like skulls.. they scare little kids..

Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by faber
Maybe so, but not in the world of motorcycles.

If only that generation of bikers could see that all you have to do now is buy your Willie G skulls and 'Maltese cross' taillights, etc.
I get what you're saying, but all my riding buddies that dig the skulls and have tons plastered on their gear and bikes do it because we're all basically metal heads.

I had a jean jacket plastered with patches from my favorite bands with a big Metallica patch full of skulls on the back. I guess I just dig the imagery and it stuck with me and influences stuff I buy for my bike. Still a big metal fan today, much to the chagrin of my gf. I think she thought hitting the 30s would change that.

My buddies and I don't do it for some "bad ***" look, or to imitate the Vets coming back with war trophies, nor to disrespect what they fought for.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
treefiddy
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Like RutRoo said, skulls are scary, get away or my skull will eat you!

Last edited by treefiddy; 12-09-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That just looks butt silly.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:12 PM
dumpsterj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
Maybe so, but not in the world of motorcycles.

The 'skull thing' came from vets returning from WW2 who had insignia from their enemies. Skull insignia (from certain SS divisions) on the riding jacket showed what a badass the wearer was in the war (you could only get them from the uniform of a German soldier). Same goes for Iron Crosses: they were taken from killed/captured German soldiers (now the catalogs call them 'Maltese crosses', though they are not true Maltese crosses).

If only that generation of bikers could see that all you have to do now is buy your Willie G skulls and 'Maltese cross' taillights, etc.

Fox Creek makes some quality stuff, but they skipped the groove on this one. They should just stay away from the graphics.

thats pretty cool , i didnt know about the wwII ref's to the crosses and skulls . I always that the "maltese cross" looked awfully familiar. Im only 27 so i wasnt there but grandpa had an arisaka rifle he brought back from the pacific which i have now. Still has the sun on it.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/892.html

They've always been pretty conservative up until now, but they are making some bold new statements...
the jacket may be new to that company but it's been out for awhile...the skulls are made of that reflective material to "light up" at night when headlights or streetlights hit them.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm not really into skulls either, I don't sport them on any of my jackets or on my bike, but I thought this was a pretty cool-looking coat. I personally wouldn't wear one, but I think it will be a popular product for them. When I said, "they are making some bold new statements", I was generalizing. They just put out a pretty sharp, new ladies jacket with an embroidered design on it, too:

Old 11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love to have one!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:48 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
I get what you're saying, but all my riding buddies that dig the skulls and have tons plastered on their gear and bikes do it because we're all basically metal heads.

I had a jean jacket plastered with patches from my favorite bands with a big Metallica patch full of skulls on the back. I guess I just dig the imagery and it stuck with me and influences stuff I buy for my bike. Still a big metal fan today, much to the chagrin of my gf. I think she thought hitting the 30s would change that.

My buddies and I don't do it for some "bad ***" look, or to imitate the Vets coming back with war trophies, nor to disrespect what they fought for.
You might be into your skulls 'cuz of the music you like, but ever wonder why it is so easy to find factory-made skull goodies for motorcycles and their riders?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plain for me.
I do have several FC items.
They are one of the planets best as far as leather.
They need to stay out of the graphics business and give us a clean slate.
Which they do.

Quick Reply: Check Out This Wicked New Jacket From Fox Creek!