General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was accosted by a 1%er today

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Yeah, you violated "biker ethics" by lying to another mc member. By giving out a bogus name and cell # you put your club in a bad light. It ain't like he was going to trace you by that info. Chances are he was going to get you the info on the CoC, or whatever they have in your state.
Not worth the risk. Especially if you have a family at the address tied to that phone number. Let your club "elders" deal with setting up meetings and such.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Sorry I cannot be as empathetic as most here but I got to say that I do not think you were not accosted, but I do believe you were intimidated. That led to fear and the fight or flight syndrome (you deem it survival).

Guess I have a hard time understanding your opening statement that you were waiting for someone to arrive as opposed to your later statement that you had put on the jacket and colors while going back to your truck so that it would not fall out from under your arm, and where then approached by the 1%er. Sure you weren't caught up in the moment of the m/c run and then as suddenly realized you might be up to your **** in alligators? JMO (everyone has one)

That being said...You got a firsthand account of why so many folks choose not to join clubs and such. M/C riders, like so many other large organizations, spend so much time and energy running around trying to play big dog with each other, that they fail to see and rally against the encroachment of their rights. Cities cancel rallies, enact garbage noise laws, states pass helmet laws and all the while M/C riders try to do the Billy-Bad-*** thing with each other.

We are so busy posturing and fighting over turf and colors that the government can pretty much do whatever it wants knowing that there will be no fallout because we are too busy fighting amongst ourselves and will never be united in a single cause that would stop them cold.

BTW I once rode/part of an organized M/C club. Anyone remember the Wild Pigs from the 80's. I could write a book on the drama and fallout that created.

Please ...not trying to politicze this thread nor hijack it. Looks like Okie learned a quick lesson at a very early stage of his riding career.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Strat HD
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dbd.....

Last edited by Strat HD; 11-22-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Okie,
The only major problem I see is you lied. 1%er clubs don't like to be lied to. They take that personal. You may have gotten out of there with that lie, but someone else in your club may suffer from that lie. When that 6'4" biker sees another one of your club patches on someone, he might not be so nice. I think you get my drift.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So you killed someone/you've been to prison/you sell drugs, etc.

Big deal. Anyone can do that.

A 1%er in an outlaw biker gang?

That's easy.

A 1%er in Jesus?

That's hard.

Fear not him who can destroy the body, but rather fear him who can destroy both the body and the soul.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:05 AM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

i just had a "lone wolf no club" back patch swen on my vest. do you guys think

i will catch alot of **** for that?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:06 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

OK, it's all been said,time to move on. Leave Okie alone

Old 11-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So he gave you his name and #? Pm that to me I'll clear this up.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
Okie,
The only major problem I see is you lied. 1%er clubs don't like to be lied to. They take that personal. You may have gotten out of there with that lie, but someone else in your club may suffer from that lie. When that 6'4" biker sees another one of your club patches on someone, he might not be so nice. I think you get my drift.
I never thought about that angle. Ouch!

Old 11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Hindsight is 20/20 for EVERYONE. The OP made a mistake. He knows it, and he is willing to fix it. A lot of people would not be so WISE. Good for him!

Quick Reply: I was accosted by a 1%er today