General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Condensation

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
Condensation is something you have to learn to live with.Just park your bike,tend the battery,cover it if you need to, and forget it.Cleaning bike up in spring is no big deal,anything you find you don't like address it.Next time you store for winter it becomes less of a big deal.
True dat.

No way in hell I would spray crap all over the bike under the impression that it will protect something. Can you imagine the mess in the spring you'd have to clean up? Dust and dirt sticks to that stuff. It would likely take three baths before you got it all off.

I do feel bad for the high humidity garage guys.
A good coat of wax on every accesible part will help, but finding another storage spot would be better.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
True dat.

No way in hell I would spray crap all over the bike under the impression that it will protect something. Can you imagine the mess in the spring you'd have to clean up? Dust and dirt sticks to that stuff. It would likely take three baths before you got it all off.

I do feel bad for the high humidity garage guys.
A good coat of wax on every accesible part will help, but finding another storage spot would be better.
Do you not own a pressure washer...Simple Green Max and a pressure washer are a must.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
Do you not own a pressure washer...Simple Green Max and a pressure washer are a must.
Lord no. Simple Green is a lil too potent for me to spray on my bike.
Also, pressure washers can inject water past seals and Orings, if not carful.

besides, what if you get a weather break in the middle of winter? Are you going to watch all the other bikes ride by? Are you going to give your bike a complete thorough cleaning just for the one ride?