General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cops...HD vs rice

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
05 DELUXE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default cops...HD vs rice

a side post from the load pipes thread. here the cops dont bother bikes too much at all. BUT.. they will always target the rice bikes and leave the harleys alone. its like the hogs dont even exist. i like that. the thing is if they chase a pack or solo riding rice burners, the rice will run from the cops. i think the cops are instructed not to chase in order to be safer. they normaly would stop them at a light or some thing.

SIDE JOKE NOTE....a friend of mine told me that him and his buddies played a joke on one of the guy who rides a custom honda (harley look alike). they were hanging out at a cruise night and went into the chinese restraunt and bought a quart of white rice. they then poured the rice around the honda and yelled...HEY JOE, YOUR BIKE IS LEAKING!! HA HA HA! needless to say joe didnt think it was funny..too bad.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
skyking
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cops...HD vs rice

We're not instructed to not chase them, we just realize that they can easily out run us with a skilled pilot aboard, so we have to get a little creative sometimes.

Regards,
Rick

Old 05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

Hey 05
Your joke about the rice reminded me of a friend who rode a Honda V twin, Harley look a like. He rode up to a local biker hang out and someone said "I smell rice" to which he repied " I smell oil" LOL

Old 05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I stopped by the Suzuki shop here in town to show my friend my new Harley. A customer walked by and said, where does it say Suzuki on it. I know that he was just trying to get to me, so I said nothing.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Iceman
Tourer

well, most of the time, the guys on cruisers (not just harleys) ride like they have some sense. a lot of the sportbike riders act like they drank a tall glass of downs syndrome. personally, i chase anything that runs, unless it becomes too dangerous (has not happened yet). sport bikes are more likely to run though, it's true.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

My Dept. does have a no chase policy for traffic and misd. charges. I think the cops chase or stop the rice bikes more often because their so damn obnoxious. The Harley riders just like to cruise around with their sweeties on the back while the ricers are pulling wheelies at 150+. Go figure

Terry

Old 05-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

Here, the ricers like to race up and down the main streets at 2am waking everyone up with their stupid loud lawn-mower sounding racing pipes, so the cops tend to look for them. But we are also starting to have a problem with Hell's Angels moving in and taking over the local crime scene, so the cops will also give guys who look like me a second look. That said, I've never been bothered by the cops for anything.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The real outlaws are these MCs that have all the sports bikes with stunters. The Sport bike MCs have grown a lot in the past couple of years and they really raise hell at events or motorcycle gatherings by doing crazy **** all over the place including Public highways and streets. Not to mention highly organized street racing. Most of them can out run cops with little trouble. Some even deal drugs or hot bikes. It is an new breed of MCs that we will see more of.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Iceman
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Longhair4life

.... Most of them can out run cops with little trouble.
not here..... every bike i have had to chase has either wrecked, or finally realized it was getting too dangerous. don't get me wrong, a skilled rider that can keep his cool will almost certainly get away, but most of the guys around here are too stupid to breathe, much less ride a sportbike that has as much (if not more)power than a small car.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:01 PM
kel1200
Cruiser

Don't flame me...I've converted. The past five years i rode cbr 900's and 929's. i did the stunting and wheelies. I have beaten the state patrol twice. Not proud of it anymore. I woke up one day and realized how dumb it was and how dangerous it really was. Gave up riding for a year and bought a house. got the itch again and started looking at bikes again. thought about rice again but realized the thump of twins was my new passion. I think stunters do not realize how mentally retarded it really is riding they way they do. I like to go fast on the harley but two wheels for me for now on.

Quick Reply: cops...HD vs rice