Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley- indian

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

They (Indian) keep sending me ads and junk about buying a new Indian. $35K? Man, I'm looking at a new CVO Ultra in that price range. They can't make it at those prices. I'll be surprised if they go another year.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw some 09's at the dealer in Chandler, AZ over the weekend. Can't speak for reliability but the fit and finish as well as all the stock amenities were pretty impressive.

Made now in N.C. using their own engine and according to the sales pitch, by 5 man teams not the traditional assembly line.

Yes they are more expensive than a Harley but then a Harley is more expensive than a metric which is more expensive than a scooter which is more expensive than a......etc...etc....etc....

Actually the Chief Standard starts @ $31k thru the Chief Vintage @ $35.5k.

Pricey yes but they already come with most any shiny this or upgraded that that you could think of.

www.indianmotorcycle.com for information's sake.

Last edited by Primo; 11-17-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Wallaby
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Primo
Yes they are more expensive than a Harley but then a Harley is more expensive then a metric which is more expensive than a scooter which is more expensive than a......etc...etc....etc....
I agree, I think Indian are banking on their customers not being concerned with their bank balance. Generally speaking, I foresee the new Indians being used as "Show Ponies" by their owners. Just my .02

Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Primo
Saw some 09's at the dealer in Chandler, AZ over the weekend. Can't speak for reliability but the fit and finish as well as all the stock amenities were pretty impressive.

Made now in N.C. using their own engine and according to the sales pitch, by 5 man teams not the traditional assembly line.

Yes they are more expensive than a Harley but then a Harley is more expensive than a metric which is more expensive than a scooter which is more expensive than a......etc...etc....etc....

Actually the Chief Standard starts @ $31k thru the Chief Vintage @ $35.5k.

Pricey yes but they already come with most any shiny this or upgraded that that you could think of.

www.indianmotorcycle.com for information's sake.
I think the shiny stuff, and good looks is what sold the Gilroys also. But, they did bring the Power plus back into action. Hopefully they improved on it. As it had really bad low end problems. Lots of guys twisting cranks and locking motors up. Just don't let all the new shiny bling fool you. And please, someone tell me that just because it says Indian on it , that it is worth the $36k they want for one. Compared to a Heritage Softail for half that?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Wallaby
You are referring to 2 different Indians, the "Gilroy" Indians talked about in this thread were essentially a Harley clone, using S+S Evo style motors built from 99-03/4? (not a Gilroy Indian expert).

The "new" Indians are a different owner / bike manufacturer. I won't comment on reliability, quality, value, etc., for the new Indian bikes, too soon to call.
Oh ok, I see.

As far as the new Indians go, I personally hope they are not only made well but also hope they come up with a line of bikes where the prices are comparable to HD's. If the MOCO starts getting some serious competition from another American company we could see some nice changes in prices and customer service.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Patternman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine. But then again I loved my Harley also and lots of folks said it was a POS not a real Harley. Everyone else is always better, cooler, real biker or somethin.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Shovelhead nick
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hey parrernman... where do you get the parts for the indian? my pops got the same year and model, but he has a hard time finding replacement parts

thanks

Old 11-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Patternman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of parts can be found on Ebay search for "Indian" then on left side of page narrow search to "motorcycle parts and accessories".
Go to Homer's web site: http://www.indianmcinfo.com/
Across the top menu click shared files there is a butt load of down loadable info. You can find an OEM supplier list there. Many of the OEM suppliers have inventory.
Also on top menu is a supplier list button. Many of the aftermarket and OEM suppliers still have liquidation stock or manufacture parts.

Last edited by Patternman; 11-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.