General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about a jacket and BikersDen

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about a jacket and BikersDen

I am thinking of getting a new jacket and really like the style and features of the one at http://www.bikersden.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=2800 - I wish the zipper and buttons were a bit brighter, but the thickness of the leather looks decent, it has a removable liner (not Thinsulate though ) and enough pockets. I think it is ventilated enough so as not to be too hot in the summer as long as I am in motion. I've never dealt with bikersden.com though and wondered if anyone had any experience with them - good or bad.

I really like the looks of the one at http://www.chilhowee.net/motorcycle-...091027005.html but the leather is much thinner and given the price, I don't think it can be near the quality of the one at BikersDen. I've dealt with Chilhowee though and like them. They had another higher quality jacket of a similar style, but the zipper and snaps were darker or hidden, and I don't care for that on this style.

If anyone knows of a similar jacket from another site they recommend that has good quality leather, heavy YKK or similar zippers and a nice winter liner, I'd appreciate the links. thanks!

Old 11-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

try Foxcreek Leather: http://www.foxcreekleather.com/

Old 11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
RCB
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Fox Creek Leather. Made in the U.S.A. Great quality and service. They even have removable thinsulate liners.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 PM
ehans
Tourer

Thanks. their stuff looks top notch. Odd that in 2-3 hrs of googling for leather motorcycle jackets, their site never came up. Looks like the way to go though. This is the one for me. http://www.foxcreekleather.com/5.html#description2

Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Leatherup.com

They are a site sponsor, have great prices on some excellent quality gear. I bought a couple of jackets, chaps & gloves from them so far. Returned one jacket for a larger size - no problem.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Moe Taters
Road Captain

The original biker jacket made by Langlitz. family owned. Each garment made to your exact measurements. best quality and value in the world. You will have to include it in your will to prevent family meltdown upon your demise. Portland Oregon. www.langlitz.com

Moe Taters

Old 11-16-2009, 03:51 AM
rkride
Cruiser

you may also want to take a look at this site. I just purchased this jacket which looks pretty good to me. I have not received it yet so I can't give you the real low down but I have heard good things about this site.

http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc...ets/52139.html

Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 AM
karlmdog
Tourer

I had a bad experience when I tried to order handlebar mounted clock and thermometer for my 1.25" bars. Sent the wrong size first go-round and the wrong clock the second time. I cancelled and got both right away from J&P with no problems.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Someguy
Tourer

i ordered a helmet from bikersden. it turned out to be nothing like what was advertised. so i returned it, and they gave me my money back, without any hassle.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

I bought a jacket from leatherup. Good quality jacket. Thick leather and warm. It came with the hard rubber protecting plates. The plates made the jacket too stiff but once I removed them it fit perfect.

Quick Reply: Question about a jacket and BikersDen