General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sorta fits here, any of you with naked pinups in your paint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. However, beware of obscenity laws. There's a reason why people aren't hanging pictures from adult magazines all over their windows for the public to see them.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Jordy806
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it....and most LEO'S are as perverted as we are.....

Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oct1949
naw,,,, wouldn't want to ride it to church on sunday morning......
you must go to the wrong church

Old 11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,285 Likes on 1,320 Posts

When I wheeled the ironhead home years ago, it had a fantastic airbrushed graphic of a Conan the Barbarian guy and a naked girl on the tank. The only real problem I had was with my stepmother. For some strange reason she didn't appreciate the beauty of my tank art. She said I was going to remove it right? ha ha. not a chance. I kept it on for about 15 years until it became so decrepid it had to be removed. I did find a mysterious dent in the tank that couldn't be explained one day. I knew she did it.

The only other problem I had was that it drew a lot of attention. If you aren't comfortable with 10 people standing around your bike and staring at the artwork, it could be a problem. I had to deal with that a few times. No other problems though. Police didn't say anything. My Mother in law hated the bike so much that she wouldn't get within 50 feet of it anyway. Good thing. She would have had a **** hemmorrage if she saw that tank.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
ok strange question, any of you guys/gals got naked pinups done in your paint jobs and if so how many problems you guys get with LEO's, or soccor moms for them? not to concerned abotu leos more about soccor moms as they can be vicious when not leashed and muzzled properly
reason i am asking is got my new tank primed and ready for base coat and graphics and the graphic i am puttign on it till i got the $$$ for a pro airbrush job is just that naked pinup chicks. here is an example. what do you guys figure.
Funk the Bible Humpers and Soccer Moms, do what you want... it's your bike.

If someone doesn't like it they can avert their eyes.

One welder here in my area (i WISH i still had the pic) has a nude cowgirl airbrushed onto the back of his welding rig in the classic 'mud-flap girl' position. It's truly a work of art, well done, and RIGHT THERE on the back of his welding machine for everyone to see.

I don't think i'd get pin-up chicks on my bike because they would look outta place on my bike, but someday i want to get a goat-skull airbrushed on the tank, "08" stenciled onto the battery cover, and three dice rolled on six on the back fender.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 PM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

My friend has it on his. Looks great. His wife didn't have a problem. Most people don't look that close, unless their into bikes anyway. You'll definitely get lots of admiration.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:15 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got these on my Sportster.... I have only gotten positive comments on them...

Charlie D.