General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding boots........any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 342 Likes on 210 Posts

I have a pair of HD boots with the inside zipper. I like them OK. What I like better are my HD re-enforced high-top tennis shoes. More comfortable on and off the bike and easier to get off and on.

There's a lot of good boots out there. Do your research. Balance quality with cost. My above-mentioned HD boots I bought for 50% off when the dealer was making room for new products.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Forget about those ***** chippewas get some custom made White's boots hand made in spokane Wa. garenteed 100% rebuildable for life!
Your right about that, i've been wearing White's for 30+ yrs, and, since my bike wreck, i've had them custom made, never have tired feet from work.
Spendy but GREAT boots.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,491 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximusD
I have had a pair of the Magnum Sealth Force 8.O leather, wide, for a couple of months now. Best boot I've had, by a mile. I wear them all the time, and have walked all day in them. I thought about putting zippers between the laces, like we did in the Air Force, but have not done that yet. I got mine through www.copquest.com and they had free shipping. Try them on at Academy sports to get the right size. Cost --- $105.49 total.
I have last years version with the composite toe & I did think they were the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I can walk for miles in them but after 3 months or so the leather on top of the right boot started to peel away. It seems that the leather on top is very thin & the finished portion just deteriorates quickly. I now have a quarter & a dime size hole/tear on the top of the right boot. I wasn't too happy after 3 months of use.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,004 Likes on 755 Posts

I wear Redwings, they are 8" lace up, which at first I thought was a pain, but then realized it takes less than 30 seconds to lace up both boots. They use hooks for the top part, not eyelets. Very comfortable, did not need any break in. The best part, I got them on ebay for $50

Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't tell you what boots to buy but I'd recommend shaking them out before you put them on in the morning. I got stung by a wasp in mine while touring Arkansas last week.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 PM
KRS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any boot made by Danner is good. I have the Stryker and Acadia styles, both are good. Or just get yourself some Chuck Taylors and call it good.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratster
I have some HD boots. (Hustins) Not happy with them at all. I am in no way a foot dragger, yet the soles wear real fast. They look fine, hopefully I can get them resoled.
Yup, same here. I had them resoled with Vibram lugged soles and heels and they be holding up just fine.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 342 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratster
I have some HD boots. (Hustins) Not happy with them at all. I am in no way a foot dragger, yet the soles wear real fast. They look fine, hopefully I can get them resoled.

No seriousely, you're a foot dragger...

Nail some steel taps into those heels. Saves wear and tear and people can hear you comin' when walking on any hard surface.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Gliding Wide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
Check out Cruiserworks boots, love mine. Can walk all day in them or ride in the rain all day in them.
Get a boot that gives good protection to your ankles and feet when riding and is also comfortable when walking around your destination. My favorite riding boots are the square toed pull on Harness style boot but they are not comfortable when I am walking around site seeing. I am also on the lookout for a different boot that will do both in total comfort.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't stand the HD boots. I tried a lot of them. Tried on the harness boots from RedWing, love them. Comfortable to ride in, wear slowly and will last for years. Ok for walking, but when I was the 105th last year, I was ready to pull them off when we got back to camp, if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: riding boots........any advice?