General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colour Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009 | 09:02 AM
Broosha
|
Intermediate
Default Colour Ultra Limited

Dear folks. First of all, excuse for my English. I live in Holland and sometimes my English is not that good.
Nevertheless i would like to ask a question here i hope you can answer for me.
I'm very serious planning to buy a Electra Glide Ultra Limited 2010. They come in 3 different two - tones: Scarlet Red/Vivid black, Flame blue pearl/Vivid black and Vivid black/Black Ice pearl.

The only color i have seen in live is the Vivid Black on top with the Black Ice Pearl. This Black Ice Pearl is in fact blue what changes in different colors until even purple, depending on the light.

From the Red/Black i have seen a good picture on the net and this two-tone will not be in my considerations.

What i never have seen but really have my interest is the Flame Blue Pearl on top with the Vivid Black. As i'm told the blue is rather bright, but will not change towards purple.

Does anybody here have a really good picture that actually show's the blue as it is in real, since the dealer here is not able to do so.
Or does anyone actually have seen this tw0-tone and can say anything about how it actually looks like?

Regards,

Broosha

Old 11-10-2009 | 11:46 AM
Scarz
Road Master

I recommend you post this question in the Touring Models section. I'm sure there are few folks that will be able to post some pictures for you.

Old 11-10-2009 | 11:49 AM
mazz
Road Master

sorry buddy i am color blind mostly my wife makes all those choices
but these are subjective questions about too bright or turns purple click on the harley web site i bet those colors show up there

Old 11-10-2009 | 12:00 PM
LetItRide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Broosha
What i never have seen but really have my interest is the Flame Blue Pearl on top with the Vivid Black. As i'm told the blue is rather bright, but will not change towards purple.

Does anybody here have a really good picture that actually show's the blue as it is in real, since the dealer here is not able to do so.
Or does anyone actually have seen this tw0-tone and can say anything about how it actually looks like?

Regards,

Broosha
Hi,
I have an Ultra Limited in Flame Blue Pearl/Black and the blue is VERY bright.

I do not feel that it shifts to purple at all in the light - but then here in Ohio,
we don't get much sunlight this time of year...

Jim

Old 11-10-2009 | 12:59 PM
Broosha
|
Intermediate

Jim, would you be so kind to link me a picture of your bike please where the color is as best shown as in real?

@ Mazz: thx m8, but the colors on the pictures on the HD website do not show these colors good enough to make a choice..

Old 11-10-2009 | 02:00 PM
07FLHRC
Cruiser

I just got back from checking out the colors in the showroom. The Black Ice Pearl really looks flashy. Too much like a bass boat. On the other hand, the top of the tank (the part you'll see when riding) is black, which is best. The blue and Vivid Black is really sharp. the blue doesn't shift colors, but it has some flakes in it, just enough to "pop" whithout being too flashy. Unfortunately, the top of the tank is blue, so your self-perception is that you're riding a blue bike. I'd love to see the Merlot/Cherry combo (I'm told it is excellent) before deciding, but my choice is the blue/black. You really can't make a bad choice here.