General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you name your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009 | 10:45 PM
Electra Mule
Cruiser

No Name???
I think Its The Opposite... When You Spend as MUCH time on your Bike as I Do...Sometimes Sleeping with the Machine and Traveling around, I Have Found Myself Talking to one or Another of My Bikes Over the Years.... I Wouldn't Think Not to come up with a Name. I think saying "Oh, The Bike" is an Insult... Just a Bike? Maybe if you Don't Ride but on Weekends and sunny weather, and such, you don't get Attached. But anywhooo I do....
My rigid Chopper (built on 92 Sporty engine) I Had For Many Many Years/miles was "El Caballo del Diablo". The Name Fit...
My '06 Electra Glide 88ci now is "THE MULE".... It Carries Me With Great Humility, Strong, Not Fast, but Secure.... It Fits.

God Bless TJ "Country Fried"

Old 11-12-2009 | 12:36 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by will227457
Look at what has become of us.....we name our bikes and sit around chatting about it instead of riding.......just sayin a straight guy shouldn't be doing that....

for shame

now go do the dishs....

I'll be putting some miles on my nameless bike....

oh and I dare one of you ladies to get sensitive on me!!!

LOL
You know something about "straight guys"?

Last edited by davessworks; 11-12-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2009 | 07:46 AM
zero seven
4th Gear

Join Date 09-30-2006 Total Posts 533
Yep, look at what has become of you...

How many helmets do you have Purple Hippo? Maybe four?...depending on what mood you're in? LOL?!?...REALLY? L friggin' OL?!? Probably shouldn't let 15 year old girls on this forum...Do you have a mood ring to tell you what mood you're in?...

Now, c'mon, be predictable and comment on my "sensitivity"...

Oh, and my RK hasn't told me her name yet...Annie, Daphne, or Cutty perhaps...

Old 11-18-2009 | 02:27 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain

After my buddy's wife, Betty.

She thinks its cute, he f'ing hates it.

I love riding Betty.

Old 11-18-2009 | 04:49 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

I haven't ever sat down & named one of mine. They just pick em up over time. My most recently "dubbed" bike is this old half-choppered out Sportster I recently picked up. I've been messing with it here & there changing it into something simple and less personality confused. One day, out with friends, someone asks my wife what I've been up to. She said he's been working on that Plain Jane bike...and so it is. The rest have similar stories as well.

Last edited by mreed; 11-18-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2009 | 05:55 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior

No name yet... any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails How many of you name your bike?-tank-and-wires.jpg  

Last edited by Danny D; 11-18-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Add
Old 11-18-2009 | 07:36 PM
karlkcfi
Cruiser

First bike was the 'green beast'
second bike was the 'bitch'(yamaha virago)
third bike was 'blue'
latest bike is still growing on me....

Old 11-19-2009 | 12:40 AM
cole
Cruiser
Default sad

I don't understand some of the replies I see, Don't worry about it so much, we don't sit around and try to find a name, it just comes. [it's an ol' school thing] Like the old saying, Ride to Live, Live to ride. No offense to anyone, but they have a soul. Whatever, me and my girl will be out there, hope to see you on the road. Ol' coot

Old 11-19-2009 | 01:38 AM
CroK
Banned

Well, here's my story of how my bike was named...

(Don't fall asleep yet)

When I bought my bike I bought it locally, so I knew I had to do something to not have everyone saying "There goes Bob's bike! I wonder who that is ridin it?" Since I hadn't made up my mind on a paint scheme yet, I just covered the white areas on the tank, front fender, and bottom of the bags using a can of No-Skid bed liner textured paint...

I hadn't even thought about naming it yet, although our family has always had boats and since they have names it wouldn't be out of the question. One day when our grand daughters were down for the summer break, shortly after applying the paint to the bike, Chelsea woke up and came into the living room with a t-shirt which had 'Dark Ride' on the back of it. (Something to do with a rock band I think.) It just hit me when I first saw that, it was going to be the name of mine.

I told ya not to fall asleep, now I gotta tell it all over again so I know you didn't miss anything...

Old 11-20-2009 | 05:12 PM
TW
Road Master

Out of the dozen or so I've had in the past 27 years, I only name the green ones (don't ask me why), and they are always known as my Green Meanie. I've had 6 "Green Meanies" over the years now.

Quick Reply: How many of you name your bike?