General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SADDLEBAG BRACKETS

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:56 AM
JABMIKE
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default SADDLEBAG BRACKETS

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF USING EASY BRACKETS OR THE GHOST BRACKET MOUNTS WILL CHANGE THE POSITION OF THE SADDLEBAGS. I HAVE A FLSTC WITH SUPERTRAPP 2/1. THE BAGS ARE TOO LOW AND TOUCH THE MUFFLER.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: SADDLEBAG BRACKETS

It will depend on how your bags are mounted to the brackets. I just put on new bags and was able to adjust them to where I wanted them because my bags have never been mounted before. Might be a bit different with your bags.....
In general they mount to exactly the same place. You can call easy brakets tech support, I spoke with Tom there and he was very helpful.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have a FLSTC and bought the quick release kit from BubbaBrakes.com. They didn't move the bags at all. Just replaced the mounting hardware with a quick detach system.

I've seen other Heritages with the other types of systems and they do not appear to move the bags as well.

Good luck,

Rick

Old 07-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Bluerose

The easy brackets mount through the back side of the bag....I drilled my own holes....so I could have put them where I wanted them. IF you already have mounting holes on the top and you want to move them up you will just have to do something with the original holes.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:20 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

The easy brackets mount through the back side of the bag....I drilled my own holes....so I could have put them where I wanted them. IF you already have mounting holes on the top and you want to move them up you will just have to do something with the original holes.
I don't think he will be able to do that with his Heritage Classic bags. They have the two top mounting holes and a third brace that connects down near the bikes swingarm behind the pipes. If he were to drill new holes this third mounting point will not fit and the bags will be unstable on the bike.

I don't know how the bags for the Deluxe mount. Must be different than the standard Heritage Classic bags.

Rick