General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it bikers, or people in general?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is it bikers, or people in general?

Stopped to help what I thought to be older gentleman on a large jap bike. Turned out it was about a 65 yr. old woman. She and the bike both cluttered up with tassles galore. I'm think'n, pretty cool. I ask her if she needs any help, and she has a real frustrated look on her face and says I'm the first person who's stopped. Now, I'm on my bike too and was coming home from a bike event yet to start. The event was about 2 miles away with close to 2000 bikes that showed up. No one stopped? I asked her "no bikers stopped? She says I'm the first. There had to have been tons of bikes that passed, and, by the look on her face, it showed. Whats's up? I will stop and help any bike, even a frick'n crotch rocket! I know this summer when I had a flat it was an old guy in a truck that stopped, and several bikes beforehand blew right on by.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's people in general. The bikers from the old school will always stop.

I'm going to give those that don't stop the benefit of the doubt and say they either don't know better or they think in today's world of everyone having a cell phone the person can just call a tow truck.

I always stop or turn around and go back to check on someone if they are alone. If there are two or more then I'll probably go on.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twice this summer I stopped to help bikers on the side of the highway and then it was my turn on Halloween weekend. I had a flat and was sitting on the side of the highway with other riders and a chase car when an older gentleman pulling a trailer stopped to see if I needed a lift. We had already made arrangements but i still appreciated the offer. I didn't see any other bikes go by so I can't say anything about that.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

People are just frocking ignorant these days

Old 11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it was just you there at that moment. I observe people slowing down and inquiring or stopping to help other bikers all the time. I know I have slowed down and gave the what's up signal five or six times this year to persons or groups on the side of the road...

Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I alway's give them the ok sign, if they return with a thumb's up I roll on.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:22 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it's people in general. I don't know how many times I've turned around to check people on bikes and in cages to see if they need help. Most of the time it's no, but thanks for stopping.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:25 PM
SpyderTB
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
I think it's people in general. I don't know how many times I've turned around to check people on bikes and in cages to see if they need help. Most of the time it's no, but thanks for stopping.
i do the same thing. all i want is the favor returned when i'm one the side of the road.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
09flhtc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you don't stop u r a POS end of story. I always stop no matter what kind of bike!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a nice thing that you did and I'm sure it will be paid foward. Nice Job. Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Is it bikers, or people in general?