General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of Dealer Attitude's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

[QUOTE=dmcdonald;5830316]Uh, you need to check yourself. You clearly misunderstood. And so OP misspelled a word, big deal. Sounds to me like you got other issues going on my friend.

Ya Think!!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
i can see both sides of the issue. the dealer owns the lot, and can make his rules, and from his perspective it'd be counterproductive for him to allow you to advertise an item that he's trying to sell inside. you feel wronged because you chose to keep the sign on the bike while it was parked outside the dealership. honestly, would would you expect his response to be? put yourself in his shoes for a minute. my dealer has mentioned he'd like to sell my streetglide for me, but i'm not interested in selling it, let alone paying someone commission to sell it for me if it were for sale. at a bike rally, it would be fine, but at a dealership, you're dipping into his pocket it seems. but do what you want. personally i would remove the sign, as a courtesy while parked in his lot.
+1................. Well Said.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Tex42
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

racklefratz, I'll bet your a hoot when your out with friends--if you have any that is.
As to the rest of you, I appreciate your thoughts on the subject and the next time I ride with the sign, I'll be more mindful of where I'm at.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the dealer was heavy handed - maybe he was having a bad day. I guess we all have those from time to time.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer sounds like he handled this extremely poorly. He could have had a civil discussion and just pointed out his concern and ask the OP to remove the sign.

I can understand why the guy is miffed though. Would you join your buddies at a Crackerbarrel for dinner and bring your own Big Mac? Businesses invest their capital and efforts to attract customers to buy their stuff. The dealer invests in his land and building to attract potential motorcycle buyers, why would he want to give a competitor (the OP) a free ride. Having said that, if the dealer was that rude, he deserves to loose a customer.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealer is right to 'ask' you to remove the sign, and that's what it sounds like he did. With a good explanation also.

All is would take is one second for someone to see your ride and then turn away from the salesman, go ask you some questions and buy it. Dealer is out of a sale.

And let's not forget........... it's his property!

Sorry, jmo.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can understand why the owner wouldn't want people advertising their bikes for sale on his lot, it just might make him lose a sale. A customer might be shopping for a used bike at that very moment, see the sign, and buy it instead of the dealer's.

But that's no reason for the owner to be rude. If he had handled it correctly, he might have gained a repeat customer instead of chasing one off.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 PM
easyrider003
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some people are misunderstanding the OP's point of the whole thing. He did not go into that dealership with the only thing on his mind being "I think I am gonna try to sale my bike at the dealership". I think most, not all, people on here are loosing sight of that. IMO the co-owner was WAY out of line and deserves to lose a customer and possibly more after reading the OP's post. I definitely wouldn't do business with someone like that.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
dmcdonald
Advanced

Originally Posted by easyrider003
I think some people are misunderstanding the OP's point of the whole thing. He did not go into that dealership with the only thing on his mind being "I think I am gonna try to sale my bike at the dealership". I think most, not all, people on here are loosing sight of that. IMO the co-owner was WAY out of line and deserves to lose a customer and possibly more after reading the OP's post. I definitely wouldn't do business with someone like that.
Exactly. Had he gone there with the intent to nab one of the dealership's customers, then I can understand the co-owner asking.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 AM
2DEUCE2
Road Master

Originally Posted by racklefratz
Yes, of course he'll "be OK without me". He'll still be illiterate as hell, but he'll be OK. That's not the point. The point is, words MEAN THINGS. Butchering the language deteriorates communication - that's all. That's what this is about. You have a problem with that? People who try to defend illiteracy (like you are doing) just make it worse.

Then you have a problem with the OP. He's making HIS own rules, my man. He's not using "English". You think that's "OK"? If you do, then you're contradicting yourself.

That's a BIG window on what's going on in your mind, and I'll tell you, I'd never give her the chance to "finish shortly" - I'd be throwing both of 'em off the property pretty quick. But, WTF does that have to do with the price of eggs in Afganistan? Get a life. Your feeble attempt to defend ignorance has failed big time, bro.

Apparently, in YOUR WORLD, it's A-OK for anyone to make up words whenever they want, to mean whatever they want, anytime they want, and then expect everyone else to understand WTF they're trying to say. It's a zoo at that point - the animals are making sounds, and you have to wonder what those sounds mean. That's what you think is OK?
Big , stupid rant about others being illiterate coming from someone who couldn't read then understand that nobody was talking to them in the first place. You weren't performing a service by trying to be a grammar cop. This isn't mensa.com forums. Some people type fast and don't pay too much attention to their post because in all honesty, who gives a crap? We are all bright enough to figure out which version of the word sale, sell, sail he meant. Do you slap your kid when he spills his milk?

The part that kills me is your signature... read it to yourself out loud slowly and then read your post; you know the one where you felt the need to spew your verbal bile all over this thread, and see if you need to take a dose of your own public suggestion.

The following users liked this post:
Snowfan (01-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Speaking of Dealer Attitude's