General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of Dealer Attitude's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i can see both sides of the issue. the dealer owns the lot, and can make his rules, and from his perspective it'd be counterproductive for him to allow you to advertise an item that he's trying to sell inside. you feel wronged because you chose to keep the sign on the bike while it was parked outside the dealership. honestly, would would you expect his response to be? put yourself in his shoes for a minute. my dealer has mentioned he'd like to sell my streetglide for me, but i'm not interested in selling it, let alone paying someone commission to sell it for me if it were for sale. at a bike rally, it would be fine, but at a dealership, you're dipping into his pocket it seems. but do what you want. personally i would remove the sign, as a courtesy while parked in his lot.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Sounds like a ***** to me. Especially if you were only there for a short time.
So, how many parts did you leave on the counter?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tex42
I own two Harley's and recently decided to sale one
Sorry to have to be the one to break (not brake) the news to you, but if you want to actually *communicate* in the English language (not something else).....I'd think you probably would want to say "sell one" vs "sale one". My opinion, of course, injecting the appropriate political correctness into my reply.

Who knows, "saling one" might have been exactly what you were trying to do, whatever that may be.

Last edited by racklefratz; 11-08-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His business, His property, His rules and only he can bend them not you. Follow them or leave. I am sure he will be ok without you. The only problem i see is someone who wants to make his own rules.
Wonder what you would do if a pro handles her business in your front yard and she tells you she is only there to blow the guy and she will be finished shortly?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the OP just didn't think about going on the lot with his for sale sign. He might not have thought anything about it but in these hard times competition is dollars out of his pocket. Sounds like he came out and asked you to remove the sign and one or the other got an attitude ( went down hill from there) maybe both. Bototom line, he lost a customer and you lost a place to get parts so neither of you won.

I personally woul dnot take my bike with a for sale sign on his lot but would not think twice about driving a cage with "for sale" on his lot. I guess it's just a respect thing.

Bubba

Old 11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
racklefratz
Road Master

Originally Posted by captjon37
His business, His property, His rules and only he can bend them not you. Follow them or leave. I am sure he will be ok without you.
Yes, of course he'll "be OK without me". He'll still be illiterate as hell, but he'll be OK. That's not the point. The point is, words MEAN THINGS. Butchering the language deteriorates communication - that's all. That's what this is about. You have a problem with that? People who try to defend illiteracy (like you are doing) just make it worse.

The only problem i see is someone who wants to make his own rules.
Then you have a problem with the OP. He's making HIS own rules, my man. He's not using "English". You think that's "OK"? If you do, then you're contradicting yourself.

Wonder what you would do if a pro handles her business in your front yard and she tells you she is only there to blow the guy and she will be finished shortly?
That's a BIG window on what's going on in your mind, and I'll tell you, I'd never give her the chance to "finish shortly" - I'd be throwing both of 'em off the property pretty quick. But, WTF does that have to do with the price of eggs in Afganistan? Get a life. Your feeble attempt to defend ignorance has failed big time, bro.

Apparently, in YOUR WORLD, it's A-OK for anyone to make up words whenever they want, to mean whatever they want, anytime they want, and then expect everyone else to understand WTF they're trying to say. It's a zoo at that point - the animals are making sounds, and you have to wonder what those sounds mean. That's what you think is OK?

Last edited by racklefratz; 11-08-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Sancho
Road Master

Unfortunately that dealer is also a co-owner of the next closest dealership in San Benito. Now you're either going to have to go to Laredo or Corpus if you don't want to give him any business, or buy online. I was at a fund raiser yesterday at the San Benito dealership and saw two bikes on the lot with for sale signs. A couple of months ago I went into that dealership to buy some cable lube. The kid behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about, said he'd never heard of it. Another guy showed me where it was hanging on a display. Last Monday I went in to buy an oil filter for a 2010 Road Glide. The parts guy sold me one for an EVO engine. I didn't realize it until I got home so I had to go back and exchange it for the correct one.
Ever notice how high the employee turn over rate is? They keep getting new kids that don't know anything about motorcycles.
I think that co-owner was out of line. If it were me I would have tried to talk you into trading both your bikes in on a new one.

The following users liked this post:
Snowfan (01-07-2021)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

racklefratz

Did you read the OP? I must ask because of that whacked out response you gave.

Don't think i was talking to you nor do i completely understand your ramble about making up words or being literate. WTF does anything you said have to do with having a for sale sign on a bike on private property?
I'm not your bro either lady.

Last edited by captjon37; 11-08-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Snowfan (01-07-2021)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
dmcdonald
Advanced

Originally Posted by racklefratz
Yes, of course he'll "be OK without me". He'll still be illiterate as hell, but he'll be OK. That's not the point. The point is, words MEAN THINGS. Butchering the language deteriorates communication - that's all. That's what this is about. You have a problem with that? People who try to defend illiteracy (like you are doing) just make it worse.

Then you have a problem with the OP. He's making HIS own rules, my man. He's not using "English". You think that's "OK"? If you do, then you're contradicting yourself.

That's a BIG window on what's going on in your mind, and I'll tell you, I'd never give her the chance to "finish shortly" - I'd be throwing both of 'em off the property pretty quick. But, WTF does that have to do with the price of eggs in Afganistan? Get a life. Your feeble attempt to defend ignorance has failed big time, bro.

Apparently, in YOUR WORLD, it's A-OK for anyone to make up words whenever they want, to mean whatever they want, anytime they want, and then expect everyone else to understand WTF they're trying to say. It's a zoo at that point - the animals are making sounds, and you have to wonder what those sounds mean. That's what you think is OK?
Uh, you need to check yourself. You clearly misunderstood. And so OP misspelled a word, big deal. Sounds to me like you got other issues going on my friend.

Anyway, back on topic. Putting myself in OP's shoes, just stopping by the dealership, not thinking of the for sale sign on my bike, I would have been thrown off and extremely offended!

Snowfan (01-07-2021)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by racklefratz
Sorry to have to be the one to break (not brake) the news to you, but if you want to actually *communicate* in the English language (not something else).....I'd think you probably would want to say "sell one" vs "sale one". My opinion, of course, injecting the appropriate political correctness into my reply.

Who knows, "saling one" might have been exactly what you were trying to do, whatever that may be.
Really?! This is totally lame.

Last edited by davessworks; 11-08-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Snowfan (01-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Speaking of Dealer Attitude's