General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brother Speed MC: Letter response to pile up accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:40 PM
dragoness88888
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yeah really

I have to agree with fastjoe..excuse your ignorance and rudeness, jerks- it just goes to show how much people stereotype bikers!? I have been riding on Harleys since age 2, and not only can I spell methylchloroisothiazolinone (WITHOUT SPELLCHECK, THANKS!?), but I also happen to have a BASEET (for those of you who don't know, that is a Bachelor of Applied Science in Electronics Engineering Technology) degree... and all that doesn't matter- it's the thought and the sentiment behind the action of the letter that are of importance-and the fact that they took a moment of their time to show a bit of kindness in a world full of people like you-who have to tear others down to build themselves up!? I'm not above or below anyone, and neither are you- we are ALL HUMAN AND NOBODY IS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE! SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND QUIT LOOKING DOWN YOUR NOSE AT PEOPLE!!
Originally Posted by fastjoe
The guy that wrote the letter is a biker not an English professor. Some people just have to make a negative comment about everything. If I recieved a letter of thanks from someone, I wouldn't care if every other word was spelled wrong. It's the thoughts behind the letter that count. Take your spell check and stick it up your ***. Perfect grammar and spelling is not always an indication of real intelligence. Now go ahead and pick out all my spelling errors if you have nothing better to do.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,954 Likes on 5,918 Posts

First post, necro a 5 year old thread. Hey, I got your back man.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,910 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Nice letter. I think Brother Speed is a support club for the Black Widows.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

RIP and respects to BSMC.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:53 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by dragoness88888
...I also happen to have a BASEET (for those of you who don't know, that is a Bachelor of Applied Science in Electronics Engineering Technology) degree...
Thanks for clearing that up - all my life I thought a BASEET was one of those stubby *** dogs with sad eyes and long ears...

Old 12-28-2015, 10:01 AM
jhsellers
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Thanks for clearing that up - all my life I thought a BASEET was one of those stubby *** dogs with sad eyes and long ears...
No, that's a BASSET - dragoness' post referred to a BofASinEET (go back and read it) . . . . whatever that is!?!

Hope this helps,
John

Old 12-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,862 Likes on 19,341 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
stubby vertically not horizontally :>)

Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts
Old 12-28-2015, 11:37 AM
an Uncouth Barbarian
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
In any event, and back on topic, if one is going to take the time to write a letter which is to be published, it would seem prudent to run it through a spell checker, at the very least. Better still to have someone read it for clarity and content.
I agree, and also understand that no one here cares about the dumbing down of America. Damn shame.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:54 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,804 Likes on 11,584 Posts

Originally Posted by dragoness88888
I have to agree with fastjoe..excuse your ignorance and rudeness, jerks- it just goes to show how much people stereotype bikers!? I have been riding on Harleys since age 2, and not only can I spell methylchloroisothiazolinone (WITHOUT SPELLCHECK, THANKS!?), but I also happen to have a BASEET (for those of you who don't know, that is a Bachelor of Applied Science in Electronics Engineering Technology) degree... and all that doesn't matter- it's the thought and the sentiment behind the action of the letter that are of importance-and the fact that they took a moment of their time to show a bit of kindness in a world full of people like you-who have to tear others down to build themselves up!? I'm not above or below anyone, and neither are you- we are ALL HUMAN AND NOBODY IS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE! SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND QUIT LOOKING DOWN YOUR NOSE AT PEOPLE!!
Hey Dragon!

Very weird post for your first post!! How did you happen to come across this thread as your first to post to?

None the less, EEs are generally not known for their spelling. In fact, real engineers are known for "engineereze"...that's the making up of words to fit the need. I happen to have a BSEE, BSCS, and an MSCS, and can spell well, but don't find a need to brag about it in the context of spelling. As well, I have known people with dual PhDs that couldn't spell for crap...but were brilliant. So, yeah...people should lighten up. But, still it's fun to pick on people.

Quick Reply: Brother Speed MC: Letter response to pile up accident