General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brother Speed MC: Letter response to pile up accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:42 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

*****, bikes, and beer!

mmmmm.......

(sorry, got distracted)

Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by faber
*****, bikes, and beer!

mmmmm.......

(sorry, got distracted)

That's how I roll anyways..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

ME, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Maybe, whatever newspaper published the thank you letter should have corrected the spelling and grammar errors. But, the link the OP posted was to the Brother Speed MC webpage. I certainly don't expect to see perfect spelling and grammar on a MC's webpage. What errors there may be are not so bad that you can't understand the meaning of what is written. I just don't get why people come to a motorcycle forum and think they need to go around correcting peoples spelling. This isn't English class. I can only guess that it makes them feel superior in some way, and they are compensating for their own shortcommings in other areas. I could be wrong.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjoe
ME, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Maybe, whatever newspaper published the thank you letter should have corrected the spelling and grammar errors. But, the link the OP posted was to the Brother Speed MC webpage. I certainly don't expect to see perfect spelling and grammar on a MC's webpage. What errors there may be are not so bad that you can't understand the meaning of what is written. I just don't get why people come to a motorcycle forum and think they need to go around correcting peoples spelling. This isn't English class. I can only guess that it makes them feel superior in some way, and they are compensating for their own shortcommings in other areas. I could be wrong.

I agree. Next thing you know they will want us to type it in spanish!!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,404 Likes on 8,422 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
I thought the whole ***** aspect of this thread was going to take off. It seems most bikers like ***** more than just about anything else - well, except maybe bikes and beer.

... and of the three, I'm not entirely sure which causes more problems.
Ride On Evil!! You handled that extremely well. Perhaps there is a position for you in our organization.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Whackone
I had forgotten about the Fourth Reich. We did associate with them but were never really close. As I remember, they thought they were too 1% to associate with us.
Mostly I remember ratty bikes, shedding parts going across the RR tracks, and one prospect not liking the way I ate egg-fried rice and dill pickle chips as a pre-hangover cure after tying one on in The Hub bar in downtown IF.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
We don't use the word "outlaw" club. Only law enforcement and the media use that terminology, like an "OMG"(outlaw motorcycle gang). That's laughable as we would never refer to ourselves as that. To me an "Outlaw" means just that. A member of the Outlaws and nothing else.
Dave, Dave, Dave ... (Sigh ~~~~~)

Ya can't come in here and spill all those secrets. Next thing ya know people will start actually thinking MCs have actual human beings in them. Then what're we gonna do for fun?

Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fireman9513
And as I wrote, that law enforcement considers 1% er's to be outlaw bikers.
I also said as I have read it.
I was answering a perfectly honest question as no one else would.
So the be technically accurate please sir, explain what exactly is a 1% er.
I would like to be educated myself since what I wrote is what I have read on the subject and if it is wrong I would like to know the truth.
Im not here to be in a pissing match, not to make anyone mad, just to learn the facts and nothing but the facts.
Wow. Chill man. We're just talking here. AMA Sanctioned MC's for racing. If you weren't sanctioned by AMA, you were "Outlaw". 1%'ers are 1%'ers because they choose to be.

The 1%'er designation grew out of an alleged comment by the AMA following the Hollister "riot" that 99% of all bikers were good, decent, people. Thus outlaw clubs and others took on the 1% designation.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyguy5571
I agree. Next thing you know they will want us to type it in spanish!!!!
Si

Old 11-10-2009, 05:12 AM
fireman9513
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Wow. Chill man. We're just talking here. AMA Sanctioned MC's for racing. If you weren't sanctioned by AMA, you were "Outlaw". 1%'ers are 1%'ers because they choose to be.

The 1%'er designation grew out of an alleged comment by the AMA following the Hollister "riot" that 99% of all bikers were good, decent, people. Thus outlaw clubs and others took on the 1% designation.
Thank you sir for clearing that up.
And as far as chill, im cool, never was heated, thats whats wrong with the internet, you thought I was getting heated when I wasnt.
All I had to go by was the propaganga media definition, so you have given a much better description of the definition and for that, Now we know the rest of the story!

Quick Reply: Brother Speed MC: Letter response to pile up accident