General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brother Speed MC: Letter response to pile up accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think they're 1%ers (though I'm not expert).

They don't have the 1% patch. They have a racing team. And, yes, they have a patchholder in prison, but he might not be there for club business--can't tell.

Is there a COC in Oregon? Wouldn't they decide who are 1%er MCs?

Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,118 Likes on 3,656 Posts

Google 1%er Motorcycle clubs

Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I've never heard of this group and don't care about their affiliations. It was nice of them to write a letter to thank people for their help.

IMO it is a little tacky for them to ask for witnesses in the same letter. Kind of detracts from the sincerity.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Whackone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in the late 60's early 70's I rode with the PeaceWheelers from Northern Utah. We went on rides with Brother Speed, Sundowners and Empties out of Southern Idaho. We were more of a party club as were the Empties. The Sundowners and Brother Speed were more hard core. I don't think I would put Brother Speed in the same catagory as the "Big Four", but they are not a church social group either. I still have friends riding with Brother Speed as well as the Sundowners. The PeaceWheelers no longer exist and I think there are only a couple of Empties left.
Brother Speed always was a class act and this letter just confirms they still are.
Ride Hard.
Pervert
PeaceWheelers
Nomad

Old 11-08-2009, 10:30 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Whackone
Back in the late 60's early 70's I rode with the PeaceWheelers from Northern Utah. We went on rides with Brother Speed, Sundowners and Empties out of Southern Idaho. We were more of a party club as were the Empties. The Sundowners and Brother Speed were more hard core. I don't think I would put Brother Speed in the same catagory as the "Big Four", but they are not a church social group either. I still have friends riding with Brother Speed as well as the Sundowners. The PeaceWheelers no longer exist and I think there are only a couple of Empties left.
Brother Speed always was a class act and this letter just confirms they still are.
Ride Hard.
Pervert
PeaceWheelers
Nomad
Did y'all ever ride/hear of The Fourth Reich MC out of Idaho Falls? I remember seeing them back in the early '70s when I was stationed in Idaho falls.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Whackone
Tourer

I had forgotten about the Fourth Reich. We did associate with them but were never really close. As I remember, they thought they were too 1% to associate with us.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

These guys don't have 1% diamond patches. They just look like a traditional MC that's been around for awhile and must have had some good leadership and members to last that long and grow. I saw some of them have state rockers but that does not always mean 1%er, contrary to what most folks think. They were probably there before the 1% clubs came in thier state. Just look at the club card section of an old easyrider magazine from the 70's and you will see just how many old clubs aren't around now. They were all traditional mc's back then, no riding clubs, no christian clubs, no cop clubs.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice letter. Poorly written. Could have used spell check. ... but the intent was nice enough (although, there was a significant message written between the lines).

Old 11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Whackone
Tourer

Whoop Tee *** Do! I was an English Professor and always looked for content other than grammer. Must be different in the ghettos of Southern Chicago. If I read a letter of thanks, I did not check for errors. KMA

Old 11-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Engrish............

Originally Posted by Whackone
Whoop Tee *** Do! I was an English Professor and always looked for content other than grammer.
My english Professors knew how to spell "Grammar".

Quick Reply: Brother Speed MC: Letter response to pile up accident