General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well I'm still waiting....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:02 PM
DinoVelvet
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs down well I'm still waiting....

apparently I won a photo contest months ago and was contacted by a rep from "Long Ride Shields" and was told my windshield would be in the mail and on it's way within 2 days. It's now been 5 months and I still haven't seen a windshield and when I try to contact the rep I get no answer.

They have their advertisments on this site but they sure don't seem like they give a **** about upholding their obligations.

I hope no one else deals with them because if this is how they are with contest winners...how would they be with actual customers.

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:08 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Wait till your photo and testimonial sayin how great Long Ride Shields are ends up on their website!

Old 11-06-2009 | 12:56 AM
plumpbiker
Banned

I just sent them an email and told them to man up and give you the shield they owe you. I hope you hear from them. Goog luck.

Old 11-06-2009 | 03:43 AM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor

DinoVelvet, You're from BC, right? I am seeing a tracking number generated through ups dated 8/10/09 headed to an address in BC. I don't know how you've fallen through the cracks. I'll look into this when i'm in the office tomorrow. Feel free to contact me at longrideshields@gmail.com

Thanks,
Rob

www.longrideshields.com

Old 11-06-2009 | 08:46 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Let us know how this works out.

Old 11-06-2009 | 08:50 AM
plumpbiker
Banned

There you go !! That was fast. I received a response from Log Ride Shields too, via email. Sound s like it was just a mistake on their part and they're going to work on fixing it. Enjoy your new shield.

Old 11-07-2009 | 01:37 AM
DinoVelvet
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks all will let you know what happens.

Old 11-07-2009 | 07:48 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad they're stepping up for you. One question and not taking sides, just askin' Did you email them after getting info that your shield was in the mail? I'd have waited a couple of weeks and then emailed them. To be fair, things do get lost in shipment but a follow up contact to see that you received it and requesting feedback on the product would seem to have been warranted.

Good luck and thanks to the vendor for being a stanup company.

Bubba

Old 11-07-2009 | 07:57 PM
treefiddy
Road Master

Whal Oil Beef Hooked Dino! Congrats you won, could it have been the scenery of BC that helped out! Looks like LR is on it for ya!

Old 11-07-2009 | 10:50 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet

I hope no one else deals with them because if this is how they are with contest winners...how would they be with actual customers.
i have dealt with them. twice actually, and have been extremely satisfied both times.

the flip side is, they were probably sitting around wondering if you were gonna send them some feedback on your new shield.....

Quick Reply: well I'm still waiting....