Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding the TX Hill Country

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Riding the TX Hill Country

The weather here today was great for riding. I took my baby out today on a 200mi ride through the TX Hill Counrty. Some of the best riding roads in TX are here in the hill country. Anyone interested Waco H-D is having a big blow out this weekend and they have a few 2010 CVO's on the floor now and said they were expecting a few more in the morning. So if any of you guys ever the chance to ride throught the Hill Country don't hesitate. The roads are perfect for bikes.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:14 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts
Thumbs up

Haven't had the chance to ride up through there but 2 yrs ago I was visting a friend in Manor and we drove up to Fredricksburg and you are correct, but beware of the deer. I have never seen so many taxidermist's shops in 1 area in my life. Beautiful country and I love visiting Texas!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

How about this,last year I visited Modesdo Ca and rode up through Yosimiti.that is some great riding up there as well.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Texas has some good riding. Hill country is cool but the Southwest desert region around Big Bend is the cat's meow. Sitting here thinking about it--I have never rode anywhere in Texas that I didn't find something of interest. North,south,east or west. I am prejudiced and have never wanted to live anywhere else. I have traveled some and it wasn't home. I couldn't wait to get back to Texas. I am fifty miles from where I was born and three miles from where I grew up. With all that said we still have one very stupid Governor.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, the hill country is awesome. right about now, take a ride out to Lost Maples and check out the awesome colors. i know that isn't a big deal to others who live in an area that actually has four seasons, but in texas where we have 11 months of hot and 1 month of cold, the colors on the trees can't be missed!

grimm

Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Roadie09
Road Warrior

planning on running up to the Hill Country on Sunday if everything works out. Get lunch, hit Lost Maples and do a couple of the sisters before heading back home. Should be a nice weekend and the round trip will be around 500 miles.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:03 PM
pirateheadman
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

25 years ago I lived in Boerne, TX. I didn't have a bike then. I remember those great roads and would love to go back now with my bike. Bandera, San Marcos, Fredericksburg, Lukenbach, Canyon Lake, Comfort, Kerrville, New Braunfels... man I miss it out there!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Teagan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hill Country is awesome. I've got a camping trip planned heading out of San Antonio going west through the Hill Country, doing a lap around the twisted sisters and them west to Big Bend National park. Now I just need to find the time to make the trip.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Don't forget Blanco, Stonewall and Johnson City, the list goes on.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

Originally Posted by Teagan
The Hill Country is awesome. I've got a camping trip planned heading out of San Antonio going west through the Hill Country, doing a lap around the twisted sisters and them west to Big Bend National park. Now I just need to find the time to make the trip.

Now that sounds like a great trip. I might have to do something like that too. Since my wife has her own bike and will along,we will be able to cary just what we would need for a trip like that. Only thing is....I need more than a weekend since live in Waxahachie,not really close to anything,I have to ride about an hour before I get to the hill country. Oh and by the way,yes we do have a crappy Govenor.

Quick Reply: Riding the TX Hill Country