General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New American Thunder,Pitiful

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xk207
I would like to see a show featuring good rides in different parts of the country. At the end maybe a little critique of the bikes, gear, resturaunts, lodging or camping, etc. Maybe a show or two about camping on a bike. It wouldn't even have to be all Harley. Some dirt trails or fire roads would get my attention. A ride to and coverage of the Springfield Mile or a good hill climb. Just make it about bikes and riding and not about add on parts and I think people would watch.
Great idea, but it would require planning, a budget, and a competent crew with some creative talent.
In the one episode I viewed, we were treated to a "tour" of a Motorclothes boutique instead. I kind of forgot the show was still on the air.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM
RCB
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It SUCKS!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

The show is dying a slow death. Maybe we will see something new with the old crew.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:03 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

the show was a little better this week , the guy bolted some parts on a couple of bikes for returning special forces soldiers who had been wounded in action . a custom painter and a bike shop did all the real work and the bikes looked good . the cute one talked to a military guy who was running motorcycle training courses for returning servicemen to try to lower the number of vets sadly being killed on the streets and highways after surviving in a combat zone

aside from the useless 'stars' , and the so obvious product placement of several sponsors , i really can't stand the fast cutting from shot to shot they do , you never actually get to look at any of the products they're installing or reviewing for more than a second . i think the old version was a little better in this regard

i say bring back russell mitchell , let him build a softail with all his new parts . that would be a show worth watching , as long as they fire the editor they're using now

Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
the show was a little better this week , the guy bolted some parts on a couple of bikes for returning special forces soldiers who had been wounded in action . a custom painter and a bike shop did all the real work and the bikes looked good . the cute one talked to a military guy who was running motorcycle training courses for returning servicemen to try to lower the number of vets sadly being killed on the streets and highways after surviving in a combat zone

aside from the useless 'stars' , and the so obvious product placement of several sponsors , i really can't stand the fast cutting from shot to shot they do , you never actually get to look at any of the products they're installing or reviewing for more than a second . i think the old version was a little better in this regard

i say bring back russell mitchell , let him build a softail with all his new parts . that would be a show worth watching , as long as they fire the editor they're using now
Yea this show your talking about was on twice already.And for the guys that liked the old show because of Michelle,yea she has big ****,so what,most of the show she was asking guys why they watched the show and if they said anything but because she was on it shed ask again until they'd say oh yea because your on it Michelle.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll agree with the poster who talked about Russell Mitchell. That bike build show he did was interesting. I was always pulling for the poor schmuck to get the build done and fire HIS bike up and ride off. American Thunder is all fluff no substance. I thought the Michelle version was an infomercial but the new one....crap ! It's no more a bike show that the OCC crap.

Andy Griffith is better, especially the Ernest T Bass episodes

Bubba

Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

yea, they say all good things must come to an end, but why so early.....these new shows barely last a few episodes.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
matt25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know what you guys are talking about. i dvr it and play it right before bed. works great. i am out in the first 5 mins.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
It was so bad, I forgot it came on. I found I was watching old episodes of Andy Griffith for the 100th time rather than watching that drivel
What'chu got against Andy?

Seems all these shows want to do now is hawk a product or show some BS drama. It's all about ratings and face it guys, we don't have enough numbers. Look what happened to OCC. I started watching that show from the very first episodes and they used to show them working on bikes, almost like a tech show. But when the Sr vs JR BS started and the producers found out that non-bike people like it they started showing that instead.

Now look at all the stupid bike/car/house building shows that are on that have no tech stuff at all but just the BS drama of the crews fighting and trying to make a deadline. It all sucks!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't stand the show either. The Survivor host has no credibility. The short brunette gets on my nerves too. I can't watch it anymore. Not a fan of Son's of Anarchy either. Watched it once, for about five minutes, and I thought, this is a waste of my time...In fact most TV shows (esp reality shows) are way too much over the top (phony/stupid/silly)...

Best,

BB

Quick Reply: New American Thunder,Pitiful