General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbs arrggghhhh!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:11 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If one can become contemptuous of the of the questions from those who are percieved as being (relatively speaking) "Newbies"... then it merely ascertains that THAT individual has not yet attained a level of enlightenment that promotes him from that very SAME level of "Newbie-ness" of which he claims to be contemptuous!

Enlightenment demands responsiblity!

We are all learning... and the learning will never end... it will never be completed!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 11-07-2009, 07:51 PM
treefiddy
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Ahhhhh...............HA HA HA.......heh hehe HUHUH hahahah........ go git friggin' dirty on any bike, in the dirt and have a helluva good time, it's fun, good learning and waayyyyy more difficult than on the street with the exception of the durn traffic!! Ridin' is ridin' and just posed to be plain ol' fun or relaxin' or entertainment, kinda like this thread, ***** I ain't got no dirt experience, dirt experience?......who needs any friggin' dirt experience........HA, try the sand or snow on 2 wheels, think that'll help ya out on the street..............I dunno mebe!!
Cheers ta 2 wheels!!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, bet that ain't the way the OP figgered it would go.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

I think dirt experience makes for better street rider. Dirt riders are used to "oh *****!" happening all the time which helps for better recovery skills. Can't say the same about riding street.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:52 AM
moonlighter64
Advanced

Who the F*ck cares what anyone started riding on or how long they have been riding? The question is, can they ride, are they safe ? If not why the hell would you be riding with them. By the way I started with a trike when I was five, moved to two wheels when I was six, rode dirt bikes all my life, Been riding streetbikes for about 22 years.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moonlighter64
Who the F*ck cares what anyone started riding on or how long they have been riding? The question is, can they ride, are they safe ? If not why the hell would you be riding with them. By the way I started with a trike when I was five, moved to two wheels when I was six, rode dirt bikes all my life, Been riding streetbikes for about 22 years.
+1 The riding experience is what it's all about regardless of whet type of riding. Dirt bike skills do carry over to the street.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,748 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Dirt riding since 12 and still. First time you slide a street bike you'll be glad ya cut your teeth in the dirt. Dirt riding is our excersise. Not much of a workout cruising on my H/D. guess thats why there are so many fat cruisers out there.
PS no friggin, cagers in the dirt.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
Wow, bet that ain't the way the OP figgered it would go.
I was thinking about something. Perhaps to the OP, 'off road riding' means riding slowly on a gravel road in an undeveloped area. Or maybe he has taken slow rides on dirt trails and thinks that is what 'off road' riding consists of. Anybody that doesn't have any real off road experience has probably learned something from this thread.

And that is the best part about these forums. It allows everybody to share their knowledge and experience with everybody else. Some people are not too receptive to hear something they don't want to think about, but at least the information is out there to accept or disregard as each individual chooses.

Ron

Old 11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
bikersurgeon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been riding dirtbikes since I was a fetus, cruisers for many years, still have several of both and love them both. they are distinctly different and both styles are exceedingly enjoyable, and many many principles ae the same,m and there are many things to learn from each.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
stevelonewolf
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by remike
I pulled to a convienience store yesterday and had a guy ask me if I was an old rider.

I'm 67, cripes, talk about a dumb question.
LMFAO!!

Quick Reply: Newbs arrggghhhh!