Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
RoofDude
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pipes

I have a 2010 RoadKing. Just got it a little over a month ago. I have true duals, and Rinehart Slip ons currently. I must say, they look good, I have no decel popping, and have a nice "rumble". Although.... I AM disappointed in the volume.

I have had other HD's in the past. For the last 10yrs had a FatBoy. Was pretty happy with it but was ready for a bagger. I need to do something different exhaust-wise or I just wont be happy long term. I am so used to hearing my bike that this aint gonna work. Sunday I was riding with a couple buddys & couldnt even hear my exhaust when anywhere near the others. One other RoadKing, and a couple metrics. Both of the metrics were considerably louder... I thought they sounded like **** but hey... they're happy.

My point is......I'm not looking for in your face, look at me obnoxious loud... I already have that in my Big Dog .... Im just used to "feeling" my rpm's through the exhaust. This new bike is so smooth, this weekend I couldnt tell if I was at 2000 rpms or 4000 when these guys were close to me.

In talking to a guy I know who is a SM at a HD shop...... he suggested I put Thunderheader slip ons on. He told me that in his opinion they are the loudest slip ons out there. Not obnoxious like the pipes on my Pitbull but he thought they were in the neighborhood of 50% louder than my Rineharts.

Any opinions on this idea...? Granted not looking for the anti-loud pipe flamers. Or the take yer noise elsewhere police. Im interested especially in people who have had Rineharts, wanted more volume, and what they did.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
jmcclory
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2010 streetglide with the thunderheader 2-1 not slip ons and they are much louder than my buddies rienharts.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can only speak for my Sampson slip-ons on my Road King. They have a nice low rumble and are quite loud under hard acceleration but not overly loud when you go easy on the throttle. I love um!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:35 AM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at fuelmoto's options.
They are a site sponser.
www.fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by 88racing; 11-04-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 PM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I don't like how Thunderheaders sound. But as we all know with pipes, everyone has their own opinion. I can tell you, though, full Rineharts sounds different than slip-ons. Not sure how much louder.