Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ez-pass

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Shovelhead nick
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ez-pass

hey, when you ride on a toll road... Can you just put the ez Pass from you car in your jacket pocket?? Would it pick it up?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:30 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Mine won't. I usually keep it in a jacket or vest pocket and pull it out when I get to the toll plaza.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I leave mine in my fork bag. Works fine most of the time.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Ultra110
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know from experience here in NH that if your transponder is mounted upside down it will not read (tech stuck it back on after repairing broken fairing bracket). But the way the law is written if your motorcycle plate is registered under your ez pass account the toll will be deducted from your account. Hell my ez pass sat on my kitchen table for a month and the toll was deducted from my account. Set the alarm off every day! I believe the same system is used in NJ
I have 4 transponders and 4 vehicles registered on my account I can have any pass in any vehicle or even leave all the transponders home if I so choose. car goes through if the transponder doesnt read the camera photos your plate and is checked against the account database, then the toll is deducted from proper acct.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
yoacedeuce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in TX i found out that if your vehicle (i found out with my car) is registered for a Tolltag/EZPass, and the booth doesn't "register" the pass, your license plate will be run and if/when it matches an account, it will just deduct it from the account anyway. The vehicle and tag have to match in your account though. If you don't register your motorcycle with the tag of your car, then you get charged $25 (unless they increased any penalties).

Old 11-02-2009, 04:20 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by yoacedeuce
Here in TX i found out that if your vehicle (i found out with my car) is registered for a Tolltag/EZPass, and the booth doesn't "register" the pass, your license plate will be run and if/when it matches an account, it will just deduct it from the account anyway. The vehicle and tag have to match in your account though. If you don't register your motorcycle with the tag of your car, then you get charged $25 (unless they increased any penalties).
correct, you must have a pass registered with the tag on the bike otherwise you can get a penalty if you go thru and the transponder doesn't register. I have mine attached to the underside of the saddlebag lid, works great.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I put it in the Fork bag or pull it out of my jacket as I go by...And yes, here in Maryland when it doesnt register for whatever reason, I have yet to be given a penalty. I assume they run my tag and deduct from my account.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

dont know, we're couple hundred miles from any....

The way our taxes keeps going up, almost the same though...

Old 11-02-2009, 05:52 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't even carry it with me, they have my plate # and read it when I roll through.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine works from my pocket, but I don't think you are supposed to use it unless it is registered for that vehicle. Otherwise if it doesn't work, they see your tag doesn't have EZ Pass they will assume you just tried to go right on through without paying. I'm not sure I'm right. I'm not sure about anything! Well, except that the tolls keep going up (in MD anyway.)

Quick Reply: ez-pass