General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headphones

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:40 PM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headphones

i often listen to my mp3 if on a longer trip. I clip my mp3 to my tank strap and run the cord up my shirt.

It works great and i can easily change the station or find a different song with the mp3 on the tank strap.

Finding the right headphones is probably the most challenging part. I currently have some phillips ones that have a rubber sleeve on them that block out the wind noise pretty good...i may have to check out the ones mentioned here tho.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 1/2 helmet. They would work with the 3/4 and the full as well easily.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: haksaw

It works great and i can easily change the station or find a different song with the mp3 on the tank strap.
That is a great idea. WIll have to give it a try.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Sol
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yellotang - you're my Hero!
Just got back from a test ride with the earbuds you suggested. This is the solution I've been looking for since mounting the Sirius radio on my Road King. Pretty much the same effect on the outside wind & road noise as earplugs but with tunes on the inside. Stuck the black-box electronic thing in an old cell phone holdster clipped on my belt, plugs in the audio extension cable I ran to the back of the seat. With my somewhat damaged hearing talk was not so good but music was fine at highway speeds.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:29 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the added box is an issue, Westone and Shure make some really great ear buds. They are what I use both on stage when I'm playing a gig, and on my Road King. Of course they are a bit more pricey than the Phillips models. Around 109.00 a pair if you get them off of ebay. Look for the E2's or E3's under Shure, and UM1's or 2's for Westone. I have the Westone UM5's but there is not that much difference in them on the road. Huge difference on stage, but I don't think that applies much here. No box to fool with. Just a direct plug in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Westone-UM1-In-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Sol

Yellotang - you're my Hero!
Just got back from a test ride with the earbuds you suggested. This is the solution I've been looking for since mounting the Sirius radio on my Road King. Pretty much the same effect on the outside wind & road noise as earplugs but with tunes on the inside. Stuck the black-box electronic thing in an old cell phone holdster clipped on my belt, plugs in the audio extension cable I ran to the back of the seat. With my somewhat damaged hearing talk was not so good but music was fine at highway speeds.
Glad they worked out for you. I love mine. Use them quite frequently.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a big enough difference between the noice cancelling Wal-Mart $27 and the Shure E3 $109 pair to justify the price difference? Can the average "joe" notice the difference?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
marcss
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the shures at Best Buy for $99. Work as well as foam earplugs for eliminating sound/wind noiseif no music is playing. Comes with many ear size plug attachments. The clear silicone that came on them worked great for me. Sound/music is great. If you leave the leather flap on your 1/2 helmet they can not be seen. Works well in full face too. No batteries or box on the cord to fool with. They also sell them on their website for cell phone/mp3 players with volume control on the cable and works pretty well for answering calls with a mic on the line. But I usually don't answer the calls.