General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Leather Jackets - The Iconic Piece of Motorcycle Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 PM
phillyrube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GymRat523
I have made two Harley purchases, a jacket for me and boots for the wife, both times we tried them on at the dealer then bought them on line. Jacket was used on ebay 75% less than new and looks like it was never worn. The boots were new but 60% of the cost at the dealer. I believe in supporting my dealer but could not pay their prices.
That's because, that's where the REAL money is made: MERCHANDISING!!! Harley Davidson, the jacket. Harley Davidson, the toilet paper. Harley Davidson, the lunchbox. Harley Davidson, the FLAMETHROWER!!! (sorry, Mel Brooks!)

Old 10-30-2009, 07:41 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I guess you've never heard of Vanson Leathers?

I don't think they can dye it black in the U.S. Due to the chemicals that is used to do it with.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw this one on the back of a magazine today, says it was hand sewn in USA. This is info from the HD site. I think they've been listening to all the comments about imported jackets.

Men's Epic Leather Jacket

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for availability

Midweight leather jacket with poly-mesh lining, zipper front, and snap-tab mandarin collar. Two front intake vents and one horizontal back exit vent to keep you cool while riding. Body armor pockets at elbows and shoulders fit lightweight body armor available in FXRG®. Complete with action back, pre-curved sleeves, and zipper cuffs. Two zipper hand-warmer pockets and two zipper chest pockets. Interior pocket system has two zipper pockets, one horizontal pocket, one media player pocket, and one eyewear pocket. 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material piping down front and back of arms for superior visibility. Embroidered graphics on left chest and back. Made in the USA of imported materials.

98010-10VM

Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 PM
HD 472
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fox Creek Leather...Buy the jacket put a Harley davidson patch on the back and walla.....Just like Harley's bikes,part of your Harley Davidson jacket will be made in America............

Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Thornhammer
Tourer

I bought the Dungeon 3-in-1 jacket as a birthday present to myself. I like it a lot.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
I don't think they can dye it black in the U.S. Due to the chemicals that is used to do it with.
Really? Here's their chart of available colors, notice that they do offer black?
http://vansonleathers.com/colors.htm

Old 10-31-2009, 09:50 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont buy any HD clothing unless it is way cheap at an open house etc...

Have American made leather... Walter Dyer

As some other posts have indicated... I have some Foxcreek leather products.. belts... vest.. etc... BUY AMERICAN! (if you can lol)

Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Bonker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Really? Here's their chart of available colors, notice that they do offer black?
http://vansonleathers.com/colors.htm
IIRC, their tannery is in Brazil.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Gliding Wide
Cruiser

Got an Orange and Black Harley racing jacket, nice thick leather and very comfortable. Also have a brown leather Harley "Road Dust" jacket, it is my favorite and very comfortable to wear on a ride. No problems on my end with spending my money with Harley or whoever else I choose.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HD 472
Fox Creek Leather...Buy the jacket put a Harley davidson patch on the back and walla.....Just like Harley's bikes,part of your Harley Davidson jacket will be made in America............
Ordered a Fox Creek "Vented Racing" jacket yesterday. Still debating on a HD FXDR jacket as well.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Leather Jackets - The Iconic Piece of Motorcycle Apparel