General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the best compliment....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Fahpah
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had many compliments on my ultra, my two favorite were...

I've been to several events where there were lots of bikes and had people take pics of mine but the one I liked the most was at the last Honda Homecoming. (My friends significant other works there so we had to attend) In a line of nice bikes of all types including some nice Custom-painted Wingers I had several people ask if it was OK to take a pic of my Ultra.

Second, I attend several Biker Sunday Events every year. At one there were a lot of folks stopping and looking at my bike and I struck up a conversation with one of the guys. He really raved about the Candy Red Sunglow and how the metal flake jumps out in the sunlight. Then he insisted I attend a biker rally at his home church 6 or 8 weeks later, so I told him I would try. When I arrived they were already looking for me and waved me to the side. Seems as though they have one of the guys from their church going to park his new Vivid Black Roadglide in Church and want me to park my Red opposite for the service. So into the church I rode, Choir singing rehersal music goin and Rumble of my pipes was pretty sweet to hear. I got a kick out of my bike being on the internet for their Biker Sunday service.

Ride Safe...

Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i get a lot of "nice bike"s and stuff like that but i had to elderly people on two different days come up to me and just boggle my brain.

First of all I own a 07 Streetbob with no major customs on it.

the first guy followed me all the way across town and pulled in behind me at the post office. got out and was ogling the bike, this is what he said " Wow son that is one nice V-rod, I used to have one when I was a kid."

the next guy said to me,

"Nice Sportster!"
I replied "thanks, but its not a sportster its a Dyna."
the old man then asked me " Are you sure?"

(now I know that Dynas can look a little like the sportsters with the fenders and stuff, but come on "am I sure")

Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Ceegardave
Advanced

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
You mean the ones like this?

Looks like she transferred...lol.

Attached Thumbnails What was the best compliment....-zalabama-2.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Stranger
Advanced

I just purchased my bike a couple of weeks ago and on the way home, I stopped to fill up with gas. When I came back out, a guy was looking at my bike and told me, "Man, you have a CLEAN looking bike. A lot of bikes today look nice, but the owners just go too far and your bike is done right." . . . I thanked him and smiled for the next few miles as I rode away. :-)

Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
veegee
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took a crotch rocket off a light thru 4 gears when he passed me. I caught him at the next light, he went straight and i was turning.
Just when he saw me turning gave me the the finger then the thumbs up. He knew he just got taken by a 2000 Lowrider with touring seat and soft bags ..... i love sleeper bikes.

Attached Thumbnails What was the best compliment....-0275.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was parked on Virginia St. right under the RENO arch during Street Vibrations with literally hundreds of some of the badassed bikes on the west coast, costing upwards of 100k, & yet alot of people would stop & check out my Fatty with the krylon paint job

Old 10-17-2010, 04:46 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Anytime someone comes up and says...nice pan.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

I got 2 complements that stand out from the rest. One nice, the other, ehh not so much.
The first one I was going down the highway at around 60 and a guy pulls up along side me in the passing lane. He has the windows all open, looks over at me and starts yelling "Beautiful bike man. I want one just like it. Woo HOO!!!" and on and on. I yelled THANKS and laughed all the way home, glad that he didn't run into me for all the excitement and all. LoL.

Some one mentioned earlier the the best complements are the ones where they don't say anything, just stare, drool, body language etc. and it reminded of that second complement I was talking about. . .
Well, there I was filling up at the gas station, minding my own business when I get the feeling that someone is staring. I look up and there's this hUGe guy just lookin' and lookin' and it kind of freaked me out. I nodded and he growled "Woof, I like your bike too".

Last edited by Sleeko; 10-17-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

My Softail Custom has received a number of compliments. The XR1200, Dyna Super Glide and the Ultra are at zero. The Buell Ulysses XT has received one inquiry as to "Who makes that thing?" I said Harley Davidson. The person that asked the question was a 15 year veteran parts counter guy at the HD store.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

On the 4th of July I'm driving through a small downtown area and stop for a red light, where a cop is watching the traffic and waiting for the 4th of July Parade to come by soon ... so the cop walks over to me stopped at the light and says "you gotta go up there" which was a right turn. I say why ? and he answers -

"We need you to LEAD the 4th of July Parade."

and I smile and say "No Way" and drive off straight with a long lasting smile ....

Quick Reply: What was the best compliment....