General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the best compliment....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:25 PM
nm156
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An older fella at a light said my bike was beautiful. He asked me how old it was and I told him. He said it looked band spankin new. Guess that 6 hours of detailing worked.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:06 PM
donohu90
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a guy tell me he'd trade me his Mercedes for my bike

Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 PM
army_sarge
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a couple ultra's that never received any attention at all then bought an 07 heritage springer that was totally customized and was one bad azz looking ride. It would get attenion just about everywhere I went. The compliments always felt good but after a couple years I missed the Ultra's and had to question myself on whether I was riding this particular bike for attention or functionality.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I was day dreaming and blew past a LEO in an unmarked car in the right lane on a 4 lane boulevard doing 55 in a 35 zone. He pulls up at the next light on my right...zips down the window and says; "Nice bike" and smiles.

I just said "Thanks".

Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Chibamonkey
Cruiser

Don't know if this was a compliment or not, but I enjoyed it.

About ten summers ago, had just got off of a couple of missions, was late evening, was tired and hungry. Threw off the flightsuit, threw on some jeans and an old t-shirt, hopped on the bike headed for burger row across town from the airport. At the time, I kept my head shaved, had a goatee, and had two big 12ga hoops in my ears.

Inn town, I was sitting at a light in the middle lane and heard some commotion from the car beside me. An old man and woman looked to be arguing. After a couple of seconds, the old man turned to ask me if I knew where Wal-Mart was. It was just down the street and behind the greasy burger I was headed to so I told them to follow me. Light turns and I headed off with them in tow.

Got them to Wal-Mart, and I pulled in to turn around to go eat. They pulled up next to me, and the old man was really thankful. As I was letting out on the clutch to go on, I heard him tell his wife "See, I told you he wouldn't kick my ***!"

Old 10-29-2009, 12:24 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,377 Likes on 955 Posts

Was'nt really a compliment about my bike as much as it was to me. A guy told me I must be a good mechanic to be able to keep that piece of **** running.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 AM
mhughes01
Novice
Default A gal in our office...

A gal in our office ... saw my new road glide and said, "That bike is stinkin hot".

Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

I get quite a few compliments but the one I remember most came from a very
cute young lady one day as my neice was climbing on. She was walking past
just as I started it and in a not overly sultry voice said, "Niiice biiike". I smiled and said
"Thanks"! but my brain went, "boing! woohoo!!". My neice, (shes 35), said,
"Ooo uncle"! She calls me uncle. I turned and looked at her and said, "Yeah, get off"!!

Old 10-29-2009, 03:26 AM
kuxika
Cruiser

Originally Posted by oct1949
actually the best ones is the ones that don't say anything....... Its just the look on there face and you can tell they like what they see by the stare and body language ..
Exactly...especially when you catch them drooling and they quickly turn away like they weren't...

I was out drinking with some friends last Tues...a new guy was on his bike (a rocket) he was pretty lit up...anyway everytime someone brought up his bike he would jab away about it...hey don't get me wrong we all talk about our bikes but at I know when enough is enough...maybe it was the alcohol...well someone says hey Mike has a bike too...he says...what kinda bike you got Mike...I tell him its a vrod...just then one of the new girls says to me ooooh can you take me for a ride...looks at him and says "it takes a real man to ride a harley"...I just smiled...(took her out the next day co'z when I go drinking I take the cage)...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:24 AM
jeffs900s
Intermediate

My bikes are my main form of transportation for most of the year, and they always seem to be dirty. Somebody once said "well...it looks like you really ride that thing". I don't think it was supposed to be a compliment - but I took it as one.

Quick Reply: What was the best compliment....