General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the best compliment....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
diddydido
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
My fav is when kids just stare and smile and wave at me on my bike
Ditto! My little fella loves HDs, and I know the buzz he gets when one roars by.
I crank the throttle and give a little rev when the kids wave - love their smiles.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I,m the Head Custodian at a High School ( 1400 students) and I always park my Fatbob in front of my office. It's in the hallway and the students freak out when they see my Harley in the school. Sick or badass bike are the words they use to describe it. Yea, it's kinda neat to hear it most everyday from different kids all day long.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get lot's of 'Nice Bike' or 'Beautiful bike' comments. Not typically at bike spots where there are nicer and beautifuler bikes.

Two comments I recently got have been stick'n in my mind.

A few weeks ago I was on the fwy changing lanes to RT for my offramp. Split'n lanes (yeah... SoCal) pass'n cars. I wear earbuds and barley heard some noise coming from my left. Looked over and saw an Escolade full of young gals waving, scream'n, and give'n thumbs up. I must look much younger on the bike HAHA
(I didn't spit on 'em)

The next comment kind'a pissed me off. At the end of a rainy day at work a co-worker asked if that was my bike in the parking lot. I said yes. He sez 'did you get caught in the rain?'... 'No, I knew it was going to rain and I have my rain gear'... 'Oh, can you ride them things in the rain?'
I gave a puzzled look and walked away.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a guy get to a sop sign before me but wave me through...then he rolled down the window and said "that thing is gorgeous!" as I rode by.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:10 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife had two cagers taking pictures of hers in a ten mile stretch of I-5 last summer. Great compliment without saying a word!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:23 PM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all the best ones come from kids who are visibly affected by the look of the bike. some actually say something, but most of the time you can just see it written all over them.

the other day i actually had a lady stop and chat me up about how pretty the bike was. but then she said "aren't you afraid somewill will touch it?" she caught me a little off gaurd with that, but i said "no, i guess that wouldn't really hurt it". haha.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:25 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

The most unique thing that happend to me was while I was waiting for a train an entire family from India gathered around my trike and began to take pictures of themselves with my trike.... Guess they don't see many UC trikes in India.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
My fav is when kids just stare and smile and wave at me on my bike

+1 here. The "nice bike, I just love Harleys" are nice, but when kids stare with their wide eyes and wave, now that is a good feeling.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Duc
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Walked out of store to see a dude with a big camera snapping pictures like it was a naked chick.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Strato-S-fear
Novice

4 years ago when I was a sub-contractor at Polaris/Victory and was using a Honda Rebel to commute, two guys came out as I was getting off the bike and said: "Hey! That's a great looking Sportster!"

Quick Reply: What was the best compliment....