General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is kinda funny to me

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is kinda funny to me

I'm at the age that I don't worry near as much about me appearance as I use to. I use to do all of the things that I'm sure some of you are still doing. Such as primping in the mirror. Making sure that every little hair on the head as well as the mustache is in place.

Choosing the right clothes for the occasion, being as cool looking as possible. Especially if one is trying to impress the women.

Since I 've had my Harley I think I have been a little more concience of the way I dress. I don't know why, I guess it because I've been paying attention to how others are dressed.

Grant it, there are some that just don't give a rats *** how they look or what others think.

I know for sure that generally, Goldwing riders dress completely different than most Harley Davidson riders do. This subject has always interested me. Is it because of a particular image that one brand of rider feels comfortable with or what?

I have been wearing Bib-Overall for about 18 years now. I'm usually pretty perceptive and just the other day as I was getting off of my Ultra Classic, got somewhat of an odd look from a few folks that were riding 3 touring model Harleys.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: This is kinda funny to me

I used to have a set of those in my youth. Last time I tried to wear a pair I would either get them too tight and my boys would sing in a high octave or they would be so loose they felt like they were falling off.

Ok, Ramble mode off. Do what you think is right for you and to heck with what anyone else thinks.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I really have to admit that I don't care. I have a ton of free t-shirts from a technology company that I used to work for that I generally wear when I'm riding...hey, the price was right. Most of the guys I ride or have ridden with haven't paid any special attention to what I wear either and quite frankly I'd be worried if they did.

I know, maybe they just thought you were hot and were checking out your posterior region.

I'm sure the exception would be if I showed up in flip flops, a thong and a shower cap...yea, I'm pretty sure that's the exception. Next up on the Speed Channel...Queer Eye for the Harley Guy.

I wouldn't give it a second thought Shorty.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:26 PM
eddybo69
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never really cared what I looked like, dont really care now, and hopefully never will. I looked like grizzly freakin adams with barefeet wearing cutoff bib overalls till I met my wife. Now I shave when she makes me, get a hair cut when she makes me, and basically wear the clothes she buys me (well except for that pink sweater...err I mean salmon sweater). (When she said she bought me a salmon sweater I thought it was a fish cozy) Thank goodness she does most of my clothes shopping at the Harley shop. Yea I am whooped, but heck she lets me do whatever the heck I wanna do except look like the bum I really am.