General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neck/Face Protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:13 PM
dcobra23
Tourer

Full face helmet and a turtle neck shirt. I just came back from a 2 hr trip and it worked nice.....

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:15 PM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Here is a great option don't forget the 10% forum discount with HF10 on checkout.

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/Hugge...pparel_c22.htm

I personal ware the ultra defender and like it the best.

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:17 PM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bldap
Thanks for the input. Great websites given and would like to know if anyone else has cold gear websites they go to.

In looking at the sites I notice electric clothing. Does anyone have experience with say electric gloves and vests? Do these get plugged into the cigarette lighter or do they run on batteries that you have to carry?

I do wear gantlet gloves but as I get older my fingers are starting to get that frost bite feeling on extended trips. I would think an electric vest would work quite well. Not very bulky and warm if the electric technology works.
There have been plenty of threads on electric gear. Do a search and you will find a lot of opinions.

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:17 PM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

There have been plenty of threads on electric gear. Do a search and you will find a lot of opinions.

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:27 PM
KRS
Tourer

I wear a polypro balaclava. It works well and it stays tight against my face.

Old 10-26-2009 | 04:46 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by heywood727
This is what I wear in Northern Canada. I also wear it when it rains. Rain feels like darts and this stops it.

I usually only wear it on the highway though. Also the HD Heated vest, but Widder make a full set-up right down to heated chaps if need be.

Also a leather bandana around the neck, but this neoprene mask does a good job of it. It's not too bad for fogging the glasses up. If it does, I have the foam trimmed Panoptics. They do a good job of not letting my breath into the eye area thus tames the fogging issue somewhat.
im rockin the same mask now, mine supposedly glows in the darkgood for a laugh at least. figure it'll be better then the bandana and gogles of yesteryears

Old 10-26-2009 | 06:54 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

I've got one of those Buff gaiter-thingies I picked up in Ireland that I use with the 1/2 helmet (down to about 50), and a River Road balaclava I use with the 3/4 for the cold stuff.

I plan on picking up a full helmet this winter, but I'll probably still use the balaclava.

Old 10-26-2009 | 07:27 PM
HD4DP
Road Captain

Went to Dick's and bought a pull-over-your-head protector. I think that it is made for snowmobiling. The part that sits on youor head is thinner so you can wear with a helmet. I have to remember I have it on....you don't want to go into a store or bank with it on!!I think that it is called a Baclava(sp).

Old 10-26-2009 | 10:41 PM
trippy57
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HarleyWood
commuting to work, on all but the very coldest days, a neck gaiter pulled up to my nose ( or over it) works fine.

If its really cold, I use a balaclava with a half helmet or just use a neck gaiter with my 3/4.

For long touring rides on cold days its always the 3/4.

Old 10-26-2009 | 10:47 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

When it gets super cold, I wear the HD neoprene face and ear cover with a neck gaiter, skull cap, 1/2 helmet, and that normally does the trick. Hoody under leather jacket and insulated jeans with good boots does just fine. I don't have a windshield or heated gear.

Quick Reply: Neck/Face Protection