General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chroming

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:58 PM
hawaiian Dragon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Chroming

Aloha one and all, Just a note to let everyone know that all chrome plating is not the same. I decided to get my handlebars Chromed and checked around for price and got a lot of different price quotes from low to high and my wife said to take the high one as they said that they do a 5 step process for the Islands due to the high humidity. So we sent them the bars and the foam tubes that came with the Arlin Ness bars to protect them in transit. Well when we got them back, the bars were loose wrapped in a brown rough paper and the foam covers were at the bottom of the box unused. you could feel the bars moving around. When we unpacked the bars they had a lot of minute scratches on the front of the bars and a blemish on the backside of them. We contacted the company and were told that the scratches were suspicious,and essentially tried to blame us. Finally they wrote back that they would rechrome the bars but we had to pay for shipping as this was a no win situation for the both of us. How he figures that is beyond me considering the price we payed. I just want the Harley community to know who this company is and you can make up your own mind whether or not to use them. The Company I dealt with is:
VERN's Chrome Plating in Gardena, California

It is my Personal opinion that they are not worth the money.
May my loss be your gain. Ric