General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OH MY GOD, someone talk me out of hurting someone

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009 | 10:00 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Devil's advocate says...

...He pays for that spot, so it is his regardless of whether or not someone viewed it as "availible". I mean, there is room for me to take a dump in YOUR bathroom while you shower. Would that be cool? And when a man sleeps with his wife, there is room for atleast two more dudes to "park", lol. I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't like that either.

Old 10-22-2009 | 10:03 AM
Gliden
Club Member

Park in it like you own it. Put the bike right up front in the middle and when someone says anything....1) It's your spot...2) Tell them your bike is probably worth more than their car!

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:06 AM
dlnp22
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Devil's advocate says...

...He pays for that spot, so it is his regardless of whether or not someone viewed it as "availible". I mean, there is room for me to take a dump in YOUR bathroom while you shower. Would that be cool? And when a man sleeps with his wife, there is room for atleast two more dudes to "park", lol. I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't like that either.
too funny

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:07 AM
dlnp22
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gliden
Park in it like you own it. Put the bike right up front in the middle and when someone says anything....1) It's your spot...2) Tell them your bike is probably worth more than their car!

TRUST me.....going forward..... maybe some orange cones taking up the rest of the space while I'm at

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:14 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dlnp22
TRUST me.....going forward..... maybe some orange cones taking up the rest of the space while I'm at
Cones??? Crime scene tape and a dead hooker would be a better way to keep others out of the space.

Old 10-22-2009 | 03:13 PM
yoacedeuce
Cruiser

Had that problem one time at an apartment i lived at before, some dill-hole parked in my covered parking spot (assigned and paid monthly for) before midnight, when i came home from being out of town. Left a note on the windshield that basically stated, this is your one free pass, park here again and your shi** is gonna be towed. If you're up to it, leave a note, polite or not is up to you.

Old 10-22-2009 | 03:24 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

you seem liek a decent guy, why not go over to the old ladys place introduce your self to the young woman who is in your spot and just let her know for future reference that the spot with your house number on it belongs to you and i nthe future if she could avoid parking there you would appreciate it. no need to flip on her right now as you cans till get out of your spot with 2 ft between you and her, but if she does it again roofing nails under each tire

Old 10-22-2009 | 04:17 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

This thread is pretty funny. I know how you feel, though. I was at a stop light a couple of months ago, minding my own business waiting for the light to change, when I felt a bump. At first, I thought something had malfunctioned on my bike. Looked down, around, back...and realized, the car behind me had literally bumped into me.

I hit the kill switch, put down the kick stand, took my helmet off and walked back to the car.... I was fully prepared to open the door and pull some ******* out of the car if he didn't basically beg and plead.

Turns out...yes, indeed...it was a little old (and I mean little and old) lady. She was shaking, she was so scared. She looked at me with such terror in her eyes, it totally killed any anger I had (she didn't hurt the bike, I had checked that). I said, as calmly and politely as I could, "Mam, would you please be a little more careful. Us people on motorcycles are especially vulnerable, and you could easily hurt someone." She apologized and said "yes, yes, of course, I'm so sorry..."

I figured I had done my good deed for the day, and went home and kicked the dog and beat my wife.

Mark

Old 10-22-2009 | 04:19 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Cones??? Crime scene tape and a dead hooker would be a better way to keep others out of the space.

Or at least a chalk outline with some red paint. That would be way cool!

Old 10-22-2009 | 04:42 PM
yoacedeuce
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Or at least a chalk outline with some red paint. That would be way cool!
That would be funny as hell!

Quick Reply: OH MY GOD, someone talk me out of hurting someone