General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OH MY GOD, someone talk me out of hurting someone

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:01 AM
RutRoo
Road Captain

I'm new here and trying to glean as much info so one day I might become a biker .So my question is, W.W.R.B.D.. What Would a Real Biker Do?.. just asking..

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:03 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by piasspj
Next time you see the woman or talk to your neighbor, politely and casually express your concern. If she wa able to leave 2ft maybe you could work out some way that she can share the space when she visits.
I had an elderly neighbor that had friends over for card night once or twice a month. On those nights I would park along the street so her friends could use my driveway and walk on the sidewalk, which I shoveled in the winter. They really appreciated it.
Just about every card night at least one of them would give me a pie, cake, plate of cookies, even a home cooked meal.
thats what I'm talkin about.....what happened to the days when people were neighborly

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:21 AM
1Coastie
Road Master

I understand your frustration; I too have had to park my bike in condo style living (base housing).

How pi$$ed would you have been if THIS happened (it happened to me): The yard workers came around with a leaf blower and sand blasted the bike with dirt and lawn clippings!!!!! It looked to be on purpose! It was so bad that I had to dig the grass clippings out of every nook and cranny on the bike, and wash it to keep all that grass from damaging the chrome!

I didn't come on here to vent when that happened; I went and found the lawn contractor (the owner), dragged him over to the bike and informed him that if I so much as found a scratch on it after I washed it, that I would be visiting him again!

The illegal alien that covered my bike with debris got fired...... my only question about that was..... Why was a contractor allowed to bring a crew of illegal aliens on a military base???

I feel your pain brother! Thank God I finally have a place with a garage!

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:26 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by stevengb
glad you didn't go over and knock her teeth out

All I could envision while reading thsi was him going over there, grabbing the glass, fishing out her teeth and punching them.

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:35 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

2 feet is acceptable since it was the bumper even though it may be a little uncomfortable. If it was the door where the door could have been opened into the bike that may be unacceptable

Last edited by 1931jamesw; 10-22-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2009 | 08:36 AM
busch
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dlnp22
AGAIN(!!), I'm over it..but took this shot this morning for giggles. And that's not the car...she was in the space between that car and the bike.
Do you park your car in the same space as your bike

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:37 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by frogg
"SIGNS"

And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you
woah!

Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

And the sign said anybody caught trespassing would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the house, Hey! what gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man you're some kinda sinner

Now, hey you Mister! can't you read, you got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat
You can't even watch, no you can't eat, you ain't suppose to be here
Sign said you got to have a membership card to get inside Uh!

And the sign said everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all,
I didn't have a penny to pay, so I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine
Thanks for the song. I'll be singing that all day now.

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:37 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dlnp22
AGAIN(!!), I'm over it..but took this shot this morning for giggles. And that's not the car...she was in the space between that car and the bike.
Why not slash the tires of the car in your pic? They are protruding 17.558" into your space.....

Damn man life is too short. Pick your battles...

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:38 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by ChiliMon
I'm part of the blame ?
How is he part of the blame? It's his spot. Don't matter if he's parked in the front, back, or middle of it or not in it at all. He pays for it and it should be available to him at all times regardless.

Originally Posted by ia2189
This country would be a lot better off if people would exercise just a little tolerance.
NO...This country would be a lot better if people had some respect for things that were the property of others.

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Most townhome/condo/apt living quarters have sh!tty parking to begin with. Can't say as I really blame the lady for taking something 'available.
OK so then I assume that you feel if an able bodied person parks in a handicapped stall it's OK since it may have been the only one that was "available" ?

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:48 AM
dlnp22
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by busch
Do you park your car in the same space as your bike
No. It was late when I parked it..I over shot my pull up and back in, and ended up there.

Quick Reply: OH MY GOD, someone talk me out of hurting someone