General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OH MY GOD, someone talk me out of hurting someone

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:09 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dlnp22
Again, per 2nd post..just venting. I'm calm.

And I'm SURE the woman hasn't a clue. Thanks to all(most) of you trying to "talk me down"
glad you didn't go over and knock her teeth out or take her to your club and share her like the old biker days LOL

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:14 PM
dlnp22
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by The Shute
There's a lotta preaching going on................just kill her...........not because of your scooter, it would just make these posts more entertaining.
Done.....w/ a dull spoon....because it hurt more.

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:23 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

It's hard to stay too mad at somebody for being stupid.

2 feet is a pretty large distance (cars do that in parking lots all day next to other cars). But I admit that I myself would not be thrilled about the idea if it were my bike. LOL The apartment number on the curb should have been enough to keep her away.

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:23 PM
Bonesbike1
Cruiser

Being a hot tempered person I can relate to what you are going through. My wife has been trying to mellow me out over things like this and showing me that it really isn't that big of a deal to get mad over trivial things. So, my advice to you is go outside and fiddle around with your bike (clean the bugs off for example) and wait for her to come out. Ask her how she is and make some polite small talk and when she leaves move your bike toward the entrance of your parking space and leave it there so one one can use it except you. Plan on keeping it at the entrance of your spot from now on and you won't have any worries about being surprised again. You will go back inside happy with yourself for not coming unglued no one will be the wiser. And your spot is protected.

I also find it quite helpful to take a piece of masking tape and put the persons name on it and stick it on my speed bag. I then take a few minutes and beat the f#&k out of that piece of tape. Sometime mellow just doesn't work.

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:55 PM
latnyte
Road Master

what i see here is the fact that that spot is figured into your rent its a part of what you pay monthly to posess so someone in the spot whether your bike is there or not is the problem . personal responsibility is a dieing attribute in this country ! i would ask her to be sure not to park there again.

Old 10-21-2009 | 10:15 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

Most townhome/condo/apt living quarters have sh!tty parking to begin with. Can't say as I really blame the lady for taking something 'available.' Maybe she was EXTRA cautious not to hit your bike. Hard to get worked up over that.
If she had hit your bike - it's on...

Old 10-21-2009 | 10:20 PM
dlnp22
|
Tourer

I wish I had a picture of it...it would change all perceptions. She was ON it..it had to be less than two feet.....'course I didn't run out with a tape.

And all of you "oh, big deal" guys flappin out there....ANYbody would be ticked at someone taking over 3 quarters of the spot YOUR BIKE IS ALREADY IN, so shut your friggin yakin'.

Old 10-21-2009 | 10:37 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

this too shall pass

Old 10-21-2009 | 10:57 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Dude....you know where she is....if you need to move your bike, go knock on her door and say....hey neighbor, I need to get my bike out and im blocked in.....can you please move your car....problem solved....what happened to people being neighborly and friendly......or you could get all pissy that its your spot and no one should park there.....i say no harm, no therapist needed........after my daughter died when only 4 months old i learned that there are no problems that are realy that important.....In the big picture.....someone being parked in front of your bike is not worth the hate you feel right now!!!

Old 10-21-2009 | 10:58 PM
forever 2 wheels
Road Master

Have the vehicle towed, it will be the last time she parks in your space!

Quick Reply: OH MY GOD, someone talk me out of hurting someone