General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tickets issued at rallies and events

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here tinted windows are illegal on the windshield and sides of the front doors. But they cannot ticket people from Florida or another state where they are allowed to have it. I dont see troopers making people scrape off their tint at the state line either. So why do they expect me to stop and buy a helmet before crossing the line of their state?

Old 10-25-2010, 07:48 AM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnnyiroc
Here out of state registered vehicles do not have to comply with out laws if the equipment is legal in their home state.

Tinted windows, here you cant have any tint on the front, or front sides. If you are registered in another state, they cant ticket you for it. Same goes for handle bars heights, and helmets. It is unconstitutional for a law to make you buy a helmet just to drive thru Missouri, if you are a resident from Illinois passing thru. If you move there you are open game.

As far as loud pipes go, they are illegal in every state, how it is measured is what varies...
I guarantee that if you ride into a state with a helmet law from a state without a helmet law, you can be ticketed for not having a helmet on. That is like saying you can take an ounce of weed out of California because you have a prescription and a Tennessee cop can't do chit about it.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
Back to the bicycle cop....I know bicycle cops that issue more traffic tickets per month than guys on motors or in cars.
Yeah, so he can stop pedalling! Ha. The cops in cars ride around all day going from 7-11 to 7-11 getting free coffee.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by FastHoss
People "demostating" their loud exhaust is what is causing the rest of us big problems.Hope he thinks about it.
It's only just begun!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DMorr99
I guarantee that if you ride into a state with a helmet law from a state without a helmet law, you can be ticketed for not having a helmet on. That is like saying you can take an ounce of weed out of California because you have a prescription and a Tennessee cop can't do chit about it.
According to the Feds you can be arrested in ANY state for possession of pot or any other drug deemed illegal by federal law. Regardless of any State law saying otherwise, and to top that off the US attorney general has stated that D.E.A WILL be enforcing all federal drug laws. Medical Marijuana is not legal according to Federal Law.