General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Jacket owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fox Creek Jacket owners

I just ordered a Fox Creek vented racing jacket and should have come here first to ask about size. I wear a size 46 sport coat but ordered a 48 jacket just to make sure I had enough room to layer if needed. Did you order your exact size and how did it fit or did you go one size up ?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:50 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

The nice thing about Fox Creek is that if you have a problem, they will make it right. You have no worries.
To answer your question...I did not order a larger size.

Last edited by max56; 10-19-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by max56
The nice thing about Fox Creek is that if you have a problem, they will make it right. You have no worries.
i don't know. the one thing is, you gotta pay the return shipping to send back the wrong sized item and then they hit you with 12.00 fee to ship out the replacement. i just ordered and received a jacket from them and after taking the measurements on the phone with them the jacket came in and didn't fit. when they told me about the return shipping and fee for the replacement i just had them refund to my card. i liked the quality of the jacket, fwiw.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Drew
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a tape measure and actually measure your dimensions and then give them a call. I wear a 46 jacket in street clothes and a 46 Vented Racing jacket fits me perfectly. I can get a fleece and/or heated vest under it comfortably, but not several layers.

Your mileage may vary.

Fox Creek is an A1 outfit.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Cajun King
Road Master

Originally Posted by Drew
Get a tape measure and actually measure your dimensions and then give them a call. I wear a 46 jacket in street clothes and a 46 Vented Racing jacket fits me perfectly. I can get a fleece and/or heated vest under it comfortably, but not several layers.

Your mileage may vary.

Fox Creek is an A1 outfit.
Thats what I needed to know. I was thinking a fleece under it when it got 50 or below. I may have ordered too large. I didn't have a tape measure handy and need the Jacket in a hurry.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
RCB
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cajun King
Thats what I needed to know. I was thinking a fleece under it when it got 50 or below. I may have ordered too large. I didn't have a tape measure handy and need the Jacket in a hurry.
You should be Ok with the size you ordered. I went 1 size up for the reason/purpose of layers. Not to mention if you may gain a pound or two.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by RCB
You should be Ok with the size you ordered. I went 1 size up for the reason/purpose of layers. Not to mention if you may gain a pound or two.

+1 on that.........toooooo many beer calories... I am on my second Fox Creek vented Classic I. The Customer Service rep was great ! I had the info, discussed concerns of layers and weight gain / loss . BTW, it is #2 cuz the Paramedics cut me out of the first one.

How was your hill country trip. I don't remember seeing a follow up post...or did I miss it....or was that you?

Last edited by Harpoonman; 10-19-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Fox Creek's quality is second to none. Their customer service is top-notch. Unfortunately, their sizing is nothing short of bizarre. Last Christmas, my wife ordered me a jacket. She used a tape, and measured me per their instructions (44 regular). Jacket came in way too small. No worries, we drove to their store a few weeks later on the way to Florida. I tried another one on and exchanged it (46 Long). Got it home, wore it once or twice, and wasn't happy with the fit. I'm 6'2", 190 pounds. I'm in decent, but not great shape. With a sweatshirt on underneath the jacket, I couldn't extend my arms in front of me (pulled across the back), and the forearms were uncomfortably tight. I called Fox Creek, explained the issue, and they suggested I go with a 48 Long. I paid return shipping and $20 (I think) for the larger size. The new jacket was on my front porch 2 days later.

I can get warm layers under the 48 Long, but it looks absolutely ridiculous on me.

What's especially frustrating is that an off-the-rack FXRG fits me perfectly.

I will unhesitatingly recommend Fox Creek to anyone with one simple caveat.....Make sure it'll fit you. Their jackets are works of art, and their customer service is second to none. But I'll be damned if I can get one that fits me.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I measure out to a 48, but ordered a 50 for extra layers.

50 fits me great, 48 would have been to small.

Fox Creek is a nice place. Got my first jacket and the first day I had a zipper break. They had a new one at the house in 2 days with a return label in the box.

Been to their store a couple of times and everybody I've spoken to has been great. Just a small storefront with samples of their stuff.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Cajun King
Road Master

Thanks everyone. It sounds like the 48 is what I need. I don't usually wear leather unless it is COLD. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't ordering too large by getting one size larger. I also hope I fits with just a tee shirt underneath for when it does warm up during the day.

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Jacket owners